The Beginning

Every Morning I would get up at
6:30 to get ready for school, eat breakfast, then leave the house to take my little sister Bailey to school.
But this morning was different. I woke up in the middle of the night not able to breathe. Trying to scream to my mom for help. I couldn't even make out words I couldn't breathe and I didn't know what was wrong with me. After I realized that I couldn't get my moms attention by screaming I looked around for something to throw. I saw the glass sitting on my bedside from the night before and I picked it up using the little bit of strength I had and threw it on the hardwood floor. My mom woke up and ran into my room saying "Nova, your going to be ok it's ok I'm here" she called 911 and I was taken to the hospital. The rest of that night was a blur, the only thing I remember was the pain and the terror in my mothers eyes.
I woke up in the hospital with my mom, my sister Bailey, and my brother Ethan sitting in my room waiting for me to wake up. When I first woke up I could barely remember anything that has happened. Then when Bailey said "nova, I may not understand what happened last night but I still Love you" my response was "Bailey, what happened last night?" Bailey responded "I don't know I'm only 5." then it all started to come back to me. Ethan looked at me with a worried face and almost in tears. "Ethan it's ok I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me" I knew that I wasn't ok but I didn't want him to worry. He wasn't stupid he knew there was something wrong because he isn't 7 years old like Bailey, he's 17 and he knew exactly what happened but not what caused it. I knew that what I said didn't help his worry because he stood up and walked over to me and gave me a hug crying with even more sadness in his tears.
After Ethan drive Bailey home my mom decided to talk. "Honey I'm so glad your ok" she said. I just told her "mom it's ok I'm fine I just want to go back home".
"Honey you don't get to go home tonight" she said. "Why..?" I said. "Nova...you have to get a MRI" I have to admit I was a bit taken back. Then I started to think what will happen if I take the MRI and they found out somethings wrong with me. What happens if I'm not normal. What if I'm sick...? Will I even live long enough to reach my 20th birthday.
Later on in the day My mom pushed my wheelchair down the hall into the MRI room. The doctor asked me question like, are you claustrophobic. Then he asked what type of music I like to listen to because I'm going to be in there for a while. Once I went in they turned on the music. After 30 minutes they still played the same song, so now every time I will listen to that song I will think hey that's the day I found out I was going to die. They honestly ruined that song for me. Once I was out of the tub, me and my mother were waiting in a room. The doctors came out and asked only to speak with my parents. My mom said "her dad doesn't-" I cut her off "mom can we not go back to that" the doctors said "understood" "are you the only legal guradain" My mom said "yes" they asked her many more questions but I wasn't paying attention. They told her that we had to go to a special doctor in New York to find out what's wrong with me. They didn't even know what was wrong with me. They decided to let me go home because they couldn't help and if anything like that happens again call them.
When we got home we decided to call my dad and let him know what was going on. I didn't think he would really care after what happened but he did. I was always a daddy's girl but I just went my separate ways I guess.
When we we're cooking dinner we heard a knock on the door. Of course knowing Bailey she ran to the door saying "I got it I got it" then when she opened the door her jaw dropped... "Mommy...?" Bailey said. My mom said "Yes honey". Bailey didn't say anything back and for once she didn't know what to say. My mom then looked over and said "Bailey-" then she dropped the dishes in her hand and was shocked to see who was at the door.