.7.

Your world is crumbling to the ground. You can't believe this. How could this happen? After nearly 9 months of... this oddly formed romance it's just...

crumbling.

"Nagito! I... I hate you! From the start I knew this was a terrible idea! It's ALWAYS what you want! Well... I'm sick of it! God! I'm- I'm done. Goodbye."

You grab your coat, and look at him.

"Anything to say? No?"

He lets out a sigh and looks at you. All you can do is stare at him intensely.

"Whatever. Ill just go." You sigh, and walk out the door.

It's late at night. You can't help but replay the moment, the mere 3 minute moment.

"Nagito! You're home!" You happily cried out.

Nagito closes the door, and the sound of it echoes the apartment.

"Hey (Y/N) Nagito reluctantly calls back.

Something is definitely wrong. Maybe he had a bad time out?

"Nagi? Is something wrong? I cannot stand my best friend being sad!" You exclaim.

"I... have to tell you something. I can't bare to keep this in anymore."

Nagito leads you to the couch and sits you down.

He sighs.

"I met her."

You look at him, confused.

"Her?"

Another sigh from Nagito.

"My..."

Oh no- he didn't---

"My soulmate."

"How do you know?" You ask, standing up.

"I uh- well, to put it simply, no matter what happens to your string, you still have a connection with your soulmate. And today, while getting coffee, I found her." Nagito explains.

"How?" You ask.

"I bumped her. Her name is Hanna. She's so amazing!"

"You said that about me!" I scream.

"You're not her, I guess. I'm sorry (Y/N). I'm truly destined for Hanna. I'm going to untie us.

And he unties your strings, leaving you stringless.

"I can't believe you!!" You scream.

And then... that's when you walked out.

You sit on the bench, wondering why you ever let this happen. Your best friend just... betrayed you! There's a whirlwind of emotions whipping around in your head.