A HTD One-Shot. 5SOS. Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

Hello you all!!!!!! 

I'm still alive woohooooooo :D

So; I couldn't bear to part with my favourite HTD pals just yet; so here's a sneaky little NYE one shot for y'all!!!!

(Brownie points to anyone who makes the connection; you'll see what I mean! ;) )

Lots of lurve y'all <3

“Delilah, do you even know where the hell you’re going?” Jules Mayer exploded after the seventh corner.

I winced. “Yes?”

“It’s Times Square.” Emilia James sighed, pushing a handful of blonde back off her forehead. “It’s hard to miss.”

I scowled, because apparently it wasn’t and I’d missed it.

“Maybe just follow the people?” Stella Cole suggested.

And that would have been a great idea except that the New York streets were crawling with people darting in all directions.

And that the last time we’d tried to follow a group of people that looked like they knew where they were headed, we’d ended up at a huge office building hosting a New Year’s Eve party for the most swanky business-people in New York City.

Read: not us.

Finally, I let my feet slip to a halt, clutching onto an icy street pole for balance.

“It’s bloody freezing.” Jules grumbled, tucking her black coat firmer around her.

“It’s New York at winter time.” Stella reminded her, gently. “Of course it’s cold.”

“I don’t like the cold.” Em’s voice was almost at a whiny pitch.

Em was a total beach babe, she loved summer and hated the snow.

I think the only reason she was here now (aside from the fact that it was New Year’s Eve in New York City for goodness sake) was to see Calum.

In fact, the boys were why we were all here.

They would be performing on the New Year’s Eve stage in Times Square in approximately…

I glanced down at my watch.

Forty minutes.

I cursed quietly, but they still heard.

Jules threw her hands up in the air. “You’re lost, aren’t you?”

I sighed heavily, burying my face in my hands. “Yes.”

There was a round of groans from my three best friends.

“Del, you said you knew where we were going!” Em complained.

“I thought I did! Those people heading into the party threw me off!” I peeped through my fingers to gauge their expressions.

Jules was frowning, Em was shivering and Stella was…smiling?

“Come on, guys.” Stella laughed. “Give her a break. She was in New York for what? Like two days? She can’t possibly navigate the whole city after that.”

“Yes she can!” Jules exclaimed.

I dropped my hands, my lips quirking into a grin.

I met Jules’ dark eyes and noticed her lips twitching.

And then suddenly we were all in raucous laughter.

The kind that brought tears to our eyes and weakened out knees.