Alex Hasn't Talked To Me In Two Days and IDK Why the Newbie Looks Like Me

Magnus Chases's POV

Alex has been quiet and distant ever since she saved those four gods and me. I try to stop her in the hallway or try to get her to talk at dinner, but she won't say anything. Even in the battles, she won't even team with the others in hall nineteen. Right now it's dinner and Alex isn't here. I told the rest of floor nineteen what happened when we came back, then I asked them why they didn't help. You know why they didn't help? There was a foosball tournament in the lounge room and they didn't want to miss it. Wow, I have such great friends, right? Dinner is almost over and we are watching some newbies shows of how they got picked for Valhalla when I spot a ten-year-old girl who looks very similar to me. Her eyes are gray like my own and she has very pale skin with golden hair. She looks scared to death, frightened beyond compare. 

"Lastly!" Helgi says, "We are going to be showing Mae Lavin's deed!" 

We all look to the screens and see the girl that looks like me. She is standing in front of a man all in black. There is a small child in Mae's hands, the child looks no older than one. The baby is wrapped in a blanket which Mae is holding close to her chest while looking up at the man. 

"Give me the child," The man in black says with a deep voice.

"No," Mae says sternly, "I cannot let her go into the arms of a mean man like you"

"Give me that child of Frey, now, that baby is a hazard to everything," The man says. 

I hear gasps throughout the room. That child, that child is a daughter of Frey. My father never told me I had a sister, but what if Mae is my sister as well? She definitely looks like me, so could this be true? This makes no sense! Then I watch as Mae puts down the baby in a makeshift bed behind her and turns towards the man. She pulls a golden butterfly hair piece from her hair which turns into a glinting yellow sword in her hands. This is making no sense whatsoever! How could she get a sword that can do that just like mine can? 

"She is no child of Frey, I don't even know who Frey is! I am a child of the greek titan god Hyperion, so back off!" She says forcefully. 

The man steps backward and into a place with a little more light, so that I can see his face. I gasp. It's Randolph. He is a little taken back by the sight of Mae and her glittering light sword, but he still manages a laugh.

"What do you think that plastic thing could do to me?" He laughs. 

Mae swings it towards him but he moves out of the way quickly and kicks her in the chest. She falls down, her head hitting the concrete ground hard. She tries to stand up but fails. Randolph kicks her again, but this time in the head. Then the screen goes black. My mind is whirling. Why did Randolph do that? Why would he want a child of Frey? Why did he kill Mae to get it? Everyone was clapping for her, including me. But as soon as dinner was over, I went straight to my room and didn't come out for the rest of the night.

Alex Fierro's POV

I didn't talk to anyone, including Magnus, for a few reasons. One, because if I did everyone would bring up how I saved the gods and I do not want to be the center of attention. Two, because my feelings for Magnus are overwhelming me and I knew if I did talk, they would just all come out. It's weird, I have these feelings for him, but I am not willing to show him at all. I am sitting on my pottery wheel making a mug of some sort when someone knocks on the door. I ignore them and keep sculpting the clay. The knocking gets louder.

"I told you she wouldn't respond!" I hear Mallory exclaim.

"Well then just break down the door and go in if you're so desperate for information," Halfborn says. 

"Well, then I will!" Mallory says and then after a few axes hit my door, it falls down.

I groan, turn off my pottery wheel, and turn around as Mallory and Halfborn come waltzing into my room. 

"You're going to tell us why you haven't said a word since you saved four gods two days ago," Mallory says. 

"Nope," I say and turn back around to my pottery wheel and turn it back on, "I am not going to tell you anything"

Mallory grunts, "Halfborn get out, she probably won't talk because of your here!" 

"Why would I being here have anything to do with her talking?" He asks.

"Just leave!" Mallory says as I hear her push him out of the room.

Then I hear her picking up my couch and placing in the doorway, blocking me from exiting. 

"Now you can tell me!" She says, "Does it have something to do with the gods or you having a total crush on Magnus?"

"Whaaaat I don't have a crush on Magnus" I try to say convincingly. 

"Okay, you totally have a crush on him! One, you look at him whenever he isn't looking at you, two you have nicknames for him, and three I can see it in your eyes!" She says. 

As she was talking I stopped my Pottery wheel and turned around to face her. My face is probably as red as Surt right now. Mallory laughs.

"So it is true you have a crush on Magnus! Well then, I need to tell you something that happened today that might change your outlook, there's this new girl here a Valhalla, she is like ten or something, and her sister was stolen by Randolph, Magnus's Uncle (I think, please comment if this is wrong), who called the new girl's sister a daughter of Frey and killed the new girl for it, what I think would earn some affection from Magnus, is if you asked him if he wants to go find out if that baby girl is a daughter of Frey or not and what Randolph wants to do with that baby," Mallory says, "If you do this you might actually win his affection because it shows that you care about him"

"And when did you become the love expert?" I ask her teasingly.

"I have had experience in love," She says, "Now are you going to talk to him today or Tomorrow?"

" I'll do it tomarrow" I say, "That's if I can get  any sleep"