Chapter 7. Dream

Next day Suzy didn’t fell a lot better. After she passed by again last night, she fell asleep. This morning she woke up early, and was still tired. She couldn’t remember what had happened yesterday, she only remembered that very bad dream she just had. A nightmare, from which she was now awake. She dreamed she was in another world, happy and pleasant. Her father was there too. Just as her cat and her mother. She was skinny and beautiful. The sun shined, there were no clouds, the grass was bright green and everywhere grew flowers. Lovely flowers, which smelled very nice. Suzy was just about to smell one of those lovely flowers, when suddenly the sky turned dark. The sun went away, and it started to rain heavily from out of the clouds who appeared suddenly. She saw her father dying, and tried to get him. But he just slipped between her hands, like air, not able to grab him. He just disappeared. Suzy slowly fell on her knees, trying to get her mind clear what was happening. A tear rolled over her cheeks. But she didn’t see it. She looked down to the place where she had seen her father for the last, and suddenly saw her body reflecting in water. She didn’t know how the water got there, but she did know the water reflected her almost naked. The only thing she was wearing was her underwear. Her eyes wide, she looked at the water. She became fatter and fatter, it looked like she was blown up, just as a balloon. Her neck, her belly, her feet, her legs, her arms, her body, her head; everything became thicker and fatter. Suzy was shocked and cried. She looked up into the sky, but it was all dark. Though, she didn’t dare to look down again. She wasn’t pretty, she was very ugly. The water reflected her that what she was always been afraid of. She cried and cried, couldn’t think what to do anymore, couldn’t think who she really was once, couldn’t think of anything. She fell down, but it didn’t matter her anymore. She didn’t want to be alive. From out of nothing, she found a knife. A knife who had his own will. The knife just wanted to kill Suzy, and Suzy wanted that too. When the knife was about to cut Suzy’s throat, she woke up. Lying next to her bed, wet from sweat, with her eyes full with tears. She kept on crying, not being realized what she dreamed and what was real.

“Suzy?” she heard very softly, though the voice was loud. “Oh my god, Suzy!” Her mother had opened Suzy’s door and walked in. She sat down and put her hand over Suzy’s head. “My dear, why are you on the floor?” Suzy didn’t say anything, she was just crying. Her mother saw scissors lying next to Suzy. “What were you about to cut, Suzy?” she asked. But Suzy didn’t answer any question. She put her head against her mother’s chest, still crying, not thinking about what she was doing, not thinking about answering the questions her mother had asked. Nothing. It was black in her head, black and filled with tears.