5. The Final Straw

"I officially hate Simmi." Kriya told Aashi over lunch the other day. Aashi let out a laugh.

"What'd she do to piss you off?" Even in the short time they knew each other, Aashi had learnt enough about Kriya to know she was very easy going and there were probably just a couple people in her life that she despised.

"There isn't one but multiple reasons. Her obnoxious nature for one. Always butting into other's business for another."

"Alright. It's clear you hate her then. Poor girl. You know, if you just told her who you really are, you wouldn't have to bother tolerating her every day."

"Then where'd be the fun?" Kriya winked at her, as a thought coming in her mind.

Aashi's phone rang. After listening to the person on the other hand, she called Kriya. "Kriya, can you go give this file to Mr. Shekhawat? He needs it for his meeting." Kriya got up from her desk and taking it from her hand, exited to enter Swayam's room.

"You need this?"

He shook his head. "Not really. I needed an excuse to see you."

Kriya gave him a look. "Swayam, this is office."

"Fine, then we'll talk business. I need your signature on these."

"Sure." She took a pen from his desk and signed them where he told her to.

"Perfect." She walked till the door and just before opening it, turned to face Swayam again.

"Swayam?" He waited for her to continue. "About our conversation yesterday... it looked like you wanted to say something?"

He shook his head, "Nothing important."

She wanted to take his word, but couldn't. He was hiding something. He was hiding from her how it felt to see Kriya spending more and more time with Rey when she wasn't in the office working. He had noticed her texting him every now and then, and he wasn't the type of person to tell someone who to talk to and who not to. As much as it hurt him to feel that he was once again losing her, he had to let her decide for herself what she wanted out of life.

××××××××××××

The rest of the day, Kriya could hardly focus on her work. She couldn't figure out what Swayam could be bothered about. He had never hesitated to tell her his problems, and share. Now, he was keeping things from her, even though she had asked what the issue was.

A pair of fingers snapped in front of her eyes. She blinked to see Vihaan standing in front of her. "Shall we?" He asked and she quickly nodded, getting up from her chair. They had to attend a meeting. They would only get to observe, for now.

Swayam and Kriya's eyes often met. His intense gaze on her gave her goose bumps. She fought hard to not shiver in his looks.

"The deal is final then Mr. Shekhawat." Mr. Bowen said at the end of the presentation, getting up and shaking hands with Swayam.

"Perfect. I shall have the clauses added as discussed. Ms. Rai, I would like them at my desk in the next hour." He turned instructing Kriya. Her eyes widened. He was doing it on purpose. She knew it. He knew she wasn't able to pay any attention at all - all thanks to him only. She glared at him. He simply walked out discussing with Mr. Bowen.

Aashi walked up to Kriya to hand her the main file when she heard her mumble. "I take back what I said to him yesterday. I hate him." Aashi laughed in return. Walking in the room, Kriya whined. "He knows very well I wasn't paying attention."