Q & A *MUST READ*

Hello! Thanks to all of you for sending me these questions. They were asked in different order, but I put them in order where I could best answer them. (: If you have more, you can inbox me and I can do another Q & A later on.

You never sign your name at the end. Some in comments call you Araina and some call you Khushi. What's your name?

Haha. Araina is my 'pen name' and Khushi is what my friends and family call me. So in reality, neither are my true names, but Khushi is what I am called the most. My real name is very close to Khushi though (;

What made you write this story?

This has always been a book for me meant to be an alternate universe compared to the show. I wanted to make the characters the opposite of what the fans are used to, and I wanted to write them in a way they would be liked and appreciated even though it wasn't the norm. The idea was so appealing to me that within a weekend, I had written the first 100 pages or so - which was a record for me. Imagine not doing anything else because there were so many ideas in my head that I couldn't stop.

Why isn't Rey's character more involved in the story when it started with him and the Navratri scene?

In the original draft, Rey's character was barely for the first couple of chapters. His character was never meant to be a lasting one. It was meant to be a curious character who comes across Kriya and finds her to be mysterious. He was never meant to get too involved in Kriya and Swayam's life like he had. It was the second time after that weekend, some months later, that I realized his character had potential.

What's your favorite scene in the book?

I don't think I can pick a favorite, but the one I remember writing... the first one I wrote. The fighting scene in the parking lot right after Navratri when everyone is going home. It's the hardest to write because it describes a lot of actions. It's easier to imagine it and show visually like in a movie, but to get the readers to be able to imagine it the way it is in your head is tough.

Do you like Kriyansh or Kriyam?

Ofcourse, I too am a Kriyansh and Swaron fan. It's how the makers of the show coupled the characters and like everyone else, it's the couples I loved. I liked the similar fire in Kriya and Rey for dance and their personalities, and I liked the stark opposite for Sharon and Swayam. In the show, the way things were, Kriya and Swayam were friends, but their characters had so much more potential. If the show had remained as the original cast, it would have been interesting to see more of that friendship being explored.

Are you still on IF?

No, not anymore. I haven't been on the site in roughly 3-4 years since my 12th. Yes, a lot of you know me from D3 forum and it's amazing for me to know you found IJD on Wattpad, and then followed to read Love Games as well!

Why is Sharon barely an active character, and mostly, only mentioned?

I like to think that Sharon may not have equal presence as other characters namely Kriya and Swayam, but her presence of mind is always felt in their lives. She leaves an impact with her mere thought itself, and there's the active strength in her character I wanted to bring across. Hopefully you as my readers like that too about her character.

Is this Kriya and Rey or Kriya and Swayam book?

To be entirely honest, this book was meant to be Kriya, Sharon, and Swayam. Like I mentioned earlier, Rey's character was meant to be only for first 5 or so chapters. Now, I know many of you reading are Kriya and Rey fans and you want them to be the end couple.

I do not mean to dismiss the possibility of them completely, as the chapters I have planned next do have their involvement grandly. There's a lot more of Rey's personal life that I want to bring to the surface. Having said that, I realize this is but fiction. Nevertheless, marriage should be sacred, and if I do not bring about some morals and values through my work, then it isn't worthy of being written simply for the sake of it. Take the stories of bad boys and good girls to be an example. Everyone loves that cliché story, but let's face it. How true is it? It's not reality. For every 'bad boy' there are 100 good ones.

So, yes, I am aware that majority wish for Kriya and Rey. Yes, it would be ideal in the show, but in this book, they simply do not fit. So... no. This is not a Kriya and Rey book at the end. I'll understand if you stop reading because of it, but you have all shown a lot of support, and loved this book so far. I can only hope that you stick with me through the end, and I promise to do my best in having you enjoy more of Rey that will be coming up. And no, there won't be Taani and Rey either at the end.

If not a Kriya and Rey book, will you write another for them?

At this time, I have no plans of it. I would love to be able to simply publish all that I have already written. I have stopped writing any new plots for fanfiction. Back when D3 was still on air, I had tons of free time to dabble in FFs. Since the past 2 years, life has gotten real and busy. In the future, I assume it will only get busier as I start a job after graduation and opt for a PhD.

If you would like to read Kriya and Rey, do give Ishq Junoon Deewangi a try if you haven't already. You can find it on my profile (:

--

That was all. Thank you so much for reading this! I'm sure it's not most must have been hoping for, but as the author, I have free reign, and I cannot force you to read this if you do not wish to continue reading it. I will completely understand (: I appreciate all the support each of you have given me so far <3

As I mentioned before, if I can answer any other questions, feel free to ask it openly.

I'm not sure if I said this in last update.. I know I haven't replied to comments lately. I have been occupied with a research I have been doing, and we are presenting it at conference this weekend (I leave tomorrow so I will be mostly offline & not get a chance to check for replies on this Q&A). I will get to everything after next Tuesday when I have returned home.

Lots of love :*