Chapter 2 : Lost and found

"Anybody out there? Cause I don't hear a sound
Alone, alone
I don't really know where the world is but I miss it now"
*
Jason Walker
*
Echo

The guy swung in circles as he heard the person moving behind him. In that moment, he knew...he'd fucked up.

"Who are you?" a deep, metallic voice said. It was the person. Kriff, what have I got myself into. He thought about lying but, would that save his life. The person took dangerously confident steps forward before halting in place. They were studying his helmet that had dropped to the floor when he was trapped. The boy cursed himself for not leaving it in the ship.

"You're part of the New Republic Defence Fleet?" The deep voice questioned almost sounding excited.

"Umm yes." The guy could think of much else to say. He was more concerned about his head exploding from too much blood. The figure walked over to the rope that was holding him in place, before raising it's sword and slicing the rope in two.

The guy didn't have a moment to prepare as he was sent falling to the not so soft ground.

"Ugh , which way is up?" He pondered feeling his feet tingling with the new flow of blood.

"Come on, get up. You're not dead!" The voice said. Except this voice wasn't deep or harsh. It was soft and mellow and...and it was a girl. The guy rolled onto his stomach propping himself up with his hands. The person had removed their mask to reveal black hair and green eyes.

"You're a girl?" He said it loud. Aw crap nice going idiot.

"Um yeah...Who are you?" She asked offering the him a hand up. He stood to his feet holding her hand tightly, making sure he didn't fall.

"Poe Dameron. And you are?" He asked releasing her warm hand. 'Damn her eyes are pretty. No stop staring that's creepy. Wait, did I say that out loud? How would you know you're out of control!'

''Liladel.'' She said bluntly. She seemed very stand-off-ish

"You got a last name?'' Poe asked a small smile crept onto his face. Her blank look quickly disappeared and was replace by a scowl. Her back stiffened and she stood taller. She looked to the ground as she turned around, picked up her mask and walked away.

''That's none of your concern.'' She said with her back to Poe. He couldn't understand it. Had he said something wrong?

''Wait. I need help. I need to fix my ship.'' He pleaded. How was he suppose to get back home? Liladel had stopped and strode back over to Poe, picking up his helmet and pushing it into his chest. He stumbled slightly unsure of whether he was annoying her.

"I suggest you get out of this forest as fast as you can, I can't help you." She said getting dangerously close to his face. She finally turned and stalked away. 'Okay now I'm screwed. Kriff '

Poe ran back to his ship, grabbing his blaster. It did have much amo left but it would help. He didn't like not knowing his way around. Takodana wasn't a planet he was familiar with. 'Kriff, why cant I just be back on Yavin.' While he was rooting through his wrecked craft he heard a sinister, low, ticking, growl. Poe seized up. He could feel that awful sinking feeling that something was very wrong.