Twelve

1000+ views. Mind blown. Thank you guys crazy much! Moving on, I apologise for the delay of a couple weeks. Want to see my reason? It's in the 'conversation/message'.

Tell me any mistakes, I don't mind.

—•—

Arms loosely holding the pink child beside you, you bleakly opened your eyes, a continuous ringing blaring in your ears. Yawning, you sat up, rubbing your face while your other hand blindly searched for your phone. Squinting your eyes as the screen flashed with the alarm, you rolled out of bed, falling onto the carpet. Groaning a little, you got ready for work that day.

Remembering small parts of last night, you surprisingly had a sober mind that didn't hurt at all. The only problem was that your memories were mixed up a little but they would eventually make sense by the end of the day. Hopefully.

Still a little drowsy, you packed your folders, slipping in the papers you were meant to finish marking last night.

Tea now in your hands and your breakfast half-eaten you plopped down onto the couch, switching onto the news, making sure the volume wasn't too loud to wake your guest. Pausing for a second, you noticed the shoes and socks on the ground. "What are they doing here...?" You pondered thinking back.

You remembered a guy had driven you home last night – you had thought he was a taxi driver for some reason – and he had come inside for a while. Then he had... "Oh." You whispered, those warm feelings erupting inside you.

Licking your dry lips, you reached for your phone, heart beating a little faster. A message sent ten minutes earlier lit up the screen, making you nervously open it up.

"Good Morning, [name]-san."

"Should I reply...? Of course, I should! Don't be silly [name]! But what should I say?" You mumbled to yourself, feeling a little anxious.

"Good morning. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I was still sleeping > - <."

"Jeez! Was that too long? Was the emoji too much? Should I even apologise?!" You stressed, falling into a laying position.

Letting the phone go, you rubbed your face. My god, when was the last time I texted someone. Maybe Shanks-san was right. I might be a little anti-social... and thinking of Shanks-san, I can't believe I met Whitebeard-sama! And Ace. He was so nice too last night.

Your cheeks flushed but you shook the feeling off, hopelessly trying to remove the buzzing in your chest. But that guy I met, Sabo-san I think, looked so similar. If I could just see him again when I'm not half drunk and in better lighting, maybe I could remember where? He had pitch-black hair. I remember that much.

Springing awake as another alarm sounded, you checked and groaned.

It was time for work.

"Hey, Coby, you awake?" You asked, looking into the bedroom. He was still laying down which was understandable as it was quite early in the morning. "Coby?"

"Hm? Ah, s-sorry, [name]-san." He stuttered, sitting up. You frowned and walked into the room, kneeling next to the bed.

"You okay?" Concerned, you felt his forehead. He was a little hot. "Oh, Coby, you're a little warm. Did you sleep properly?"

"U-um... I was a little scared." He whispered.

"Is it because of her?" You gently asked, placing your phone into your pocket, ignoring the bing of a notification.

"Y-yeah..."

You sighed and stood up, sitting down next to him on the bed, wrapping your arm around him. "Don't worry, Coby. I'll find a way to get you out of there. Just wait a little longer, okay?"

"J-just a little longer?" He hopefully asked, leaning into you.

"Just a little longer." You smiled and kissed his head, reluctantly getting up. "I've got to go to work now, will you be alright here? I can call someone to look after you."

"N-no, it's alright! Really! I've bothered you enough..." You patted his head and smiled.

"Okay then. There's some food in the pantries and fridge if you get hungry and I made some sandwiches for lunch. You can do anything you want while you're here. I don't mind. If something happens, call me. This is my friend's phone number if I don't pick up. Just say my name and that you're a friend. They'll understand. I've got to go now, take care of yourself for me." He followed you as you picked up your folders and satchel, quickly making sure your appearance was fine by checking via the bathroom mirror.

"See you, Coby."

"Bye..."

—•—

[to everyone] Q: Hate excuses?

[personal] A: Yes, but I understand why people have/need/make them.