Chapter 22

What I just heard was like the sound of a sweet trickling waterfall. It made me feel so special and like there's no one on earth that could treat me like he does. I knew that if he were to leave again I'd never find another person like Harry or no one would match up to him.

I was still confused by one thing, though.

"Wait...a wild flower? What do you mean?"

"Wild flowers aren't your typical flowers. They aren't the normal ones you find at florists and you sometimes find them in random places. Lily, you're not like anyone else...you're not a normal one. You're not a "normal flower". And I met you in an unusual way. We just so happened to bump in to each other. That isn't a very common thing. You're one of a kind, Lily. Remember that."

His glowing silver eyes stared in to mine. I took in all that he said. The way he formed his words and put it all together was marvelous and beautiful. To me that was something deep. I was something out of the ordinary to him and I don't know why but I appreciated it.

I grabbed both of his hands, linking them together. I took a brief moment to stare at the marvelous masterpiece of a man standing before me.

"I will gladly be your wild flower." I smiled up at him, our eyes never leaving each other. He took one hand and put it under my chin, tilting it up towards him. He stroked my jawline softly. This gave me chills down my whole body. I've had guys touch me like this before but they don't give me feeling like this. I'd also say Harry is a "wild flower". He isn't like the other typical guys in the world. He's got something I just can't put my finger on but maybe I'm fooling myself. Maybe it's not just one thing...maybe it's everything. It all adds up to one thing and that's what makes him different.

By this time, our faces were incredibly close. I was still staring right in to his eyes. This was it. This could be the moment I finally get to taste his lips and feel them on mine. There was only one thing that kept flashing in my mind:

Kiss me already!

But my hopes were torn away as Harry's phone rang. Why did this have to happen? Right at this beautiful and flawless moment his phone had to ring.

"Yes? Uh huh. Ok." Harry furrowed his eyebrows. He focused intently at the floor as he listened carefully at the person on the other line's words.

"What is it?"

Harry put his index finger up in a gesture that told me to hold on and wait. I stood there as he spoke quickly to whoever this was. My patience started to run low.

"Ok. Yes , sir. I'll be right there!" He ended the call and put his phone in his back pocket.

"Who is that? Is there something wrong?"

I stand there and wait for a reply but he just turns around and starts heading towards the door.

"Harry are you just gonna leave again?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, I really am."

I let a tear escape my eye. I thought this wasn't going to happen again but apparently my eyes aren't deceiving me and it is.

"Harry please don't do this again. Just tell me what's happening!"

Harry looked around and took a deep breath before responding.

"It's uhm-my job. Something came up."

He didn't sound convincing. Harry acted like he wasn't even sure, himself, as to what's taking place. I didn't even know Harry worked.

"How long will you be gone?" I stand in the hall while he's at the door about to leave. I don't want to hear a certain amount of time that he'll be gone because I don't want him to be gone. All my life ever consists of is people walking in and out. No one ever stays.

"I'm not leaving you like I did before, this is just something quick!"

He raced out my front door and I ran out to watch him leave. I never get goodbyes anymore. I don't get a hug. There's nothing. I don't quite understand sometimes how we can act so in love one minute then to acting like we barely know each other and we are awkward friends that don't want to be around each other. When stuff like this pops up it's like he doesn't trust me or want to tell me what's going on...he just avoids it. These are the things that are too much for me to understand but hopefully soon my questions will be answered and whatever is hiding will be shown.