Chapter 39: The Taylor Standard. Vol.3.

GUYS! GUYS! 

GUESS WHAT?! The Saint & The Sinner just hit 100,000 words! Holy shit balls. That's a lot of words. Thank you so much for everything you guys have done. I probably would've given up on this story a long time ago if it weren't for you all. 

So, here's a scandalous update. Remember to read, vote, comment and tell all your friends about social life ruining fan fiction. 

|NecromaniacKat| 

|Corey|

It started with a simple summer day that seemed normal, but that simple summer day changed everything. That simple summer day was the beginning of a universal split that caused new worlds to be created. How could angel kisses scattered across olive skin change the course of two lives. Somehow, it did. That simple summer day wasn't as simple as it appeared to be; but every day after it became more and more complex. It was like math in School; as the days go by these problems get harder and more complicated. One would think that a fictional being buying thirty-eight watermelons is outlandish but so are predictable probabilities about events that have no business existing in the first place.

That summer day was much like another summer day; seemingly so simple and uncomplicated, and those summer days mirrored this summer day. But this time I knew things weren't as they seemed. I've seen the mathematical problem copy itself many times, each time you think you'll get the right answer but that question keeps coming back and you get another chance to solve it. How do I solve this? How do I make this problem go away? Is this even my problem to solve?

This morning Steph was awake first, as per usual and then I could hear Griffin in his room playing quietly before going downstairs for food. It was a few minutes after Griffin went downstairs and said good morning to Steph, that I decided it was a good time to get up and start my day. Tali was still up in her room sleeping, she stayed up late making a resume and such. I think I heard her try and sneak up to her bedroom at about quarter to three.

When I came down the stairs and into the living room, I noticed Steph standing at the big window in the living room with a vexed but curious look drawing her eyebrows together tightly and her arms crossed over her chest. What was she looking at? What could possibly earn that look from her? It takes a lot for Steph to give that look to something or someone.

"What are they doing here?" Steph asked in a low and curious voice. What was she talking about? Who was she talking about? Who was she looking at out there? What was going on at this time of the morning? I mean, it's before eight in the morning. What the Hell could possibly be going on now? If shit is hitting the fan at this time of the morning then what else does today have to hold?

I gave Steph a quizzical look as I strode over to her. I turned to look at what she was looking at; the bright golden morning sun momentarily blinded me before my stomach sank into an uneasy feeling. She hadn't changed, not a single bit. I saw the baby faced girl sitting in the front seat of that crappy red truck with golden bronzed skin and angel kisses scattered across her face. But I didn't feel the same way I did in the very beginning. Instead of summer induced curiosity and fluttering, I felt sick and a fiery rage kindling in my gut.

"Whatcha guys looking at?" Griffin asked, trudging back into the living room. I automatically turned on my heel to face my small look-a-like and stop him from coming to the window. I didn't want anyone seeing him.

"Nothing." I told him plainly. "–Here, how 'bout you watch cartoons while you eat breakfast, okay?" I suggested as I let him plop down onto the couch. My laptop was on the coffee table with headphones attached to it. I guess Tali was listening to music last night. So it was easy to put on a cartoon for Griff and put my studio headphones on his head. I didn't want him hearing anything that was most likely going to be said. When I turned back around again Steph was at the front door putting on her shoes. I could sense I needed to intervene before Steph could knock the teeth out of every head outside. I rushed over to the door and trailed behind the over-protective woman who has willingly taken on the role of "mama bear". I had to prevent bad things from happening.