Pt3

Hey, here's more. Hope you like it.

Where did he go? He walked behind the tree and didn't appear on the over side. What?

I stand there looking at the tree and trying to figure out what just happened. I start to walk up the hill and towards the tree when everything changes. The world around me changes. Everything gets darker. The nice green grass turns brown. The sky is cloudy and gray. The winds picks up and blows leaves all over the ground. And this once perfect place is now an abandoned waste land. This is unbelievable.

"You coming." Doyle pops his head out from around the tree. All of a sudden everything goes back into place, like nothing changed. The bright blue sky, the fluffy clouds, the lush green grass. It's all back the way it was before. Doyle noticed that I was very, very confused.

"I'll explain all of this later. But right now your closure is waiting."he says.

I look at him quisitly but walk forward to where I'm almost standing right next to Doyle.

"What's behind that tree? You disappeared when you went behind it. Where does it go?" I ask before I continue.

"Find out for yourself." Doyle suggest pointing in that direction." But since your new to this I would close your eyes as you walk through."

Ok, I can do this. There could be anything on the otherside of...what ever that is.

But you anything goes right? Let's do this. I close my eyes and walk forward.

I walked maybe ten feet when I hear Doyle say to stop.

" Open your eyes."

And I'm standing on another hill. Surprise. But it's not quite the same. From this hill I can see a moving working city. With cars driving by and people walking on the sidewalk. The buildings have lights on in the windows and people on the balconies.

I never realized how much I missed the business of a city.

"Recognize anything yet?" Doyle ask.

"Am I suppose to."

"You should. Look more closely. Tell me what you see."

What am I suppose to see. I can't think of what might be different about this city..... Then I notice something.

" That street over there," I point over to the left," That's where my friends Mels lives. And the next block over is Eastwood park." "And there, I turn and point to the right," that's where Tristin and Alex live. Then four houses over is my house."

"I remember all of this now. This is my home town."

I turn to Doyle with a surprise on my face. "How can we be here?"

"One of the perks of the job. Now where are we now?" He asks even though I'm sure he already knows the answer. I look around and notice grave stones every where. Well that's a dead give away.

"The cemetery." I answer. "Why are we in the cemetery?"

Doyle points to a group of people surrounding a new grave stone. Black polished granet.

"Your closure."