Chapter 1 + Where all the things begin

Hello everyone  ! xx

So, this is my first fanfiction ever, hope you'll like it ! I'll post a new chapter every week :)

Enjoy xx

Essies' POV

Today was a cold day. A really really cold day. Mum told me that it'll be cold, but I didn't believe her. I've been wrong. She insisted me to wear my gloves and my scarf, but I said I was OK, I didn't need gloves or scarf. I've been wrong again. Now I was sat on a swing, in my school's playground, and I was freezing.

I turned five years old two months ago. My parents were saying that here it is, I was a tall girl now, but I was not thinking the same. Being four was not so excited, after all. Well, not more exciting than being four or being six. But my parents were sure about this. I was thinking about all the things I'll can do when I'll be older when a voice raised behind me.

« You seem colder than an iceberg. »

The voice was from a little boy, maybe one or two years older than me. The first thing I noticed about him has been his height. He was extremely tall, for a boy of his age. I could guess this because his pants were too short for his long and thin legs. I thought he was taller than me. People who taller than me were rare, really rare, but apparently this boy was one of them. His brown hair was messy (without a doubt, because of the wind - my hair was messy too) and his blue eyes were looking at me like if I was dying or something that serious. But I was just freezing, only because I was an idiot and haven't listened to my mother this morning.

« - It's OK. I just let my gloves at home.

- I see.»

Both of us looked at the floor after this short exchange, without saying anything during at least thirty seconds. But then he said :

« I do have gloves. »

His eyes were back on my face. I smiled.

« - Lucky you.

- I don't need them, he said after he nodded. Actually my hands are too big, and my gloves are too small. I can't wear them. So if you're too cold... »

He holds out a pair of brown polar gloves that I took softly, before putting my fingers inside. They were too big for me, but I didn't let him know.

« - Thank you. I'm Essie.

- You're welcome, Essie. I'm Will. »

He smiled, and he went away, letting me alone on my swing.

So, here is the first chapter of my fanfic. Hope you liked it ! Chapter two next week xx