Chapter 2 + Where I find you again

« CHARLIE ADAMS GET OUT OF THIS ROOM IMMEDIATELY. »

I threw one of my teddy bears right at the head of my little brother. I was living with this thing for more than sixteen years now, and I could say he was the most annoying and terrible little brother in the world. Seriously. I swear he was. But it seemed he was annoying and terrible just with me, because in two years and a half, I saw something like 15 girls following this boy in his bedroom. He was a little dickehead, apparently.

I was not as successful as Charlie, to be honest. I mean, on the relationship side. I've never had any boyfriend. N.E.V.E.R. However, it wasn't that bad : all the boys I had a crush on are assholes. While staying single, I'm not humiliated or anything this sort by one of them, and that is really good for me. Plus, I have time for me, my homework, my friends and my ill mother (she's been attacked by a cancer two years ago and she didn't have a husband to take care of her anymore, as he died in a car crash when I was ten.)

My brother finally left my room, and I was back to my "alone with my computer" situation. I was lying on my bed, still in my pajamas, which was composed of leggings, an Adidas sweater from the 80s which belonged to my Dad, and soft black and write stripy socks. That was my Saturday routine : geeking and chilling in pajamas. Oh, and I forgot about my Burbery glasses on my nose and my huge messy bun on the top of my head. My geeking activity consisted in Tweeting, Tumblring and watching YouTube videos - especially the fashion, beauty and lifestyle ones.

I was at the end of a make-up tutorial about eye-liner when a name in the suggestions caught my eye. Wait, what ? He was making videos and I didn't hear about it ? That sounded impossible. I know that we haven't kept in touch or anything, but... I don't know. I clicked on his suggested video and started to watch it.

"Hi, I'm Will"

Oh My God. I couldn't believe it. As I went through the video, I learnt more about him and the adult he became. We had some common points. Well, more actually, we had A LOT of common points. Our adult personalities were as close as our children ones were. That was awesome. Insane, but awesome. He posted his first video at the beginning of the year, nearly a month ago then. And he had so much subscribers yet ! I checked out his Twitter, Instagram and everything... Sweet Jesus. He was a kind of Internet celebrity. How couldn't have known this before ? I was an idiot.

I was on his Twitter profile, wondering if I should DM him or not. I haven't seen him for 15 years... He could have forgotten me. But on the other hand, I remembered him. And we were pretty similar. We've been really close to each other, a few years ago... Why wouldn't he remember me then ? I was kind of scared. But who dares wins. So I dared. I clicked on "Send a direct message" and wrote :

Hey, I'm Essie Adams and I was wondering if you remember me... Sorry if you don't.

And I sent it. I pushed on my glasses because they were slipping on my nose. I just sent a message to a boy I haven't talked with for ages... That was not something I would do. I was too shy to do this kind of thing. What have I done ?

I was starting to regret this "I don't care about the consequences" moment when a little bubble with a "1" inside appeared next to my DM icon. God Blees Gracious. Why was I so nervous ? It was just Will Darbyshrire. The little boy I met fifteen years ago on the playground, who gave me his gloves because I was freezing, and stayed with me during almost two years. Sometimes, I wonder "What if I haven't changed school ? Would we still be friends ? Or just old classmates who talk together sometimes, but not more than this ?" Anyway. I had a DM to read.

How could I forget my primary school bestie, uh ? Nice to meet you again, Essie.

I smiled. So hard that you couldn't see our cheeks anymore. I was super happy. Charlie came back into my room, and whistled when he saw my grin.

« Is this because of your little lover ? »

This is how he called Will when he wanted me to feel angry and nostalgic. I supposed it was what he was looking for when he was calling Will "my little lover"

« - Of course not, I said. Just something that made me laugh.

- Oh. »

He left my room again, and I clicked on the answer button.