Breath taking

Sophie throws her phone at the wall and the phone screen smashes to pieces on the ground, her face frowns and she hides the phone under her bed. She runs downstairs to her mum and sees her chilling on the lounge sofa. She walks behind her and goes to tap her shoulder and then she hesitates and drops her hand. She knows her mum would think she is crazy if she said what just happened so she heads back upstairs and decides to run a hot bath to heal her painful cut head.  She slowly sits down in the warm bath and she notices a book on the glossy marble cabinet and she grabs it. She decides to read. She opens the fresh book but the pages are all empty. With disappointment she drops the book on the cold tiled  floor beside the bath.

She then decides to just relax. Sophie's eyes slowly shut but then suddenly she is interrupted by a force trying to pull her under the soapy water. Her hands are on the sides of the bath tub trying to keep her above. But then they slip and she plunges under the water.

She opens her eyes to find darkness

She opens her eyes to find darkness. It was pitch black. She stands up and carefully walks straight not knowing where she is or where she will go. She bumps into something hard and she realises it is a wall. She grabs something pointy on the wall and she forces  it down. Suddenly a small light bulb flickers at her dull eyes.  She looks around the room and  it's  almost empty, only dusty shelves.  She tiptoes at the shelves trying to find anything. She finds a small clock at the back. She grabs it. She looks at the clock and realises it is counting down.

She notices a sticky note on the floor. " these stupid sticky notes" she growls and grabs it and reads it "tick tock..tick tock..." and then suddenly it bursts into water and drips onto the ground. She remembers this isn't real and the reality is that she is drowning.

She looks down at the clock and sneers at it. Sophie throws the clock at the shelves and the clock breaks. She closes her eyes and waits impatiently for a moment and opens them  again. She is in her bath on her last breath. Her arms force her out the breath taking water. She starts coughing.