New "Old" People

The next day I go down stairs and sit down at the table. Bill's Ford Escape is gone. I can't find Anna ether. I shrug and go to find something to eat.

As I look in the cupboard, I see that the food I got yesterday is not there. I can't find anything I want so I just decide to not eat. I haven't gone to the bathroom since yesterday and it feels like I'm going to pee my pants. As I run to the bathroom, the doorbell rings. "Peanut butter fudge cake!" I call out to the door and say "Hold on please!" At this point of time, I already passed the leak zone. I open the door and stair at who is here.

"Crystal! Oh my god! What are you doing here?"

"I got adopted! And the person who adopted me lives next door! I'm your new neighbor!"

"More like a 'renewed' neighbor!''

I wink and then invite Crystal in. Suddenly, the reminder of having to pee is back. I bolt down the hall to find the door stuck. "Oh no. This can't happen." I start to giggle the doorknob harder and then a faint squeak comes from the door. Then I take a step back. The door falls of the hinges and falls back. I run and finally relived myself.

"My god, what was that about" Crystal asked. "I'm sorry. I had to pee a little" "I would say more than a little. You pulled the door of the wall!" We both had a tiny smile. Then it eventually it turned it to a full on laugh. We were giggling on the floor and I heard the front door open. "Do you know if I had locked the front door when you walked in?" "No I don't." At this point we are whispering. "Do you think its an intruder Liz?" "I don't know. Maybe it is Bill. I didn't hear his car pull up but we were laughing so hard..."

I stand up and peek my head around the corner. I see that there is a unfamiliar car in our driveway. Then I see Bill's Escape pull up. Then I see Anna walking back to the strange car. "Crystal, it is fine. Its just the girl that is staying here." "Is she Bill's girlfriend?" "I hope not. I think she is hiding something Bill doesn't know. Plus I know her from somewhere but Bill denies that our paths ever crossed."

"Liz, I wouldn't trust her then. My parents always told me to trust my gut. And the night they died, I had a very upset stomach." Crystal started to get tears in her eyes. I give her a hug. Usually I would tell her its not her fault, but today I figured that it would be best not to say anything.

Over the next few weeks, Crystals new mom, Ally, and Bill didn't make us go to school yet so we played a lot. We went to parks, and met new people too. Once we even found a $20 on the street, and we went to the ice cream place down town!

One day Crystal got really sick with the flu and couldn't play with me. I was mad because I had to stay and play by my self. It was not fun. I was so lonely and Bill had to be at work. When he was home, he had to do house work and didn't have any other free time.   

A few weeks after that,  Bill and Ally had decided that it was time to go to school. It was only a few weeks in to the school year, so we wouldn't miss much. But the thing was Bill was enrolling me into a private school and Ally enrolled Crystal into a public school. I didn't find this out un till the first day I went to school.