Chapter 1

A/N: Came up with this idea for a fic and had to write it out. It's similar to Home but different circumstances and the roles are completely reversed. Maya is actually 16 when the baby is born so in present time we are going to have her and Luacs age be 19 and 20. I want to see how you guys like this. I'll probably regret starting a third fic lmao but I couldn't help myself.

Lucas POV

Flashback 3 years ago

The sounds of my new born baby girl filled the back seat of Riley's car. Maya had just given birth to our baby girl while we were out at the drive in movies.

"Lucas, please I'm begging you take the baby and leave." Maya cried. "I promise that Riley is going to take me to the hospital but you have to go. If Mom and Dad find out about this we'll lose her. She needs to be with one of us. Take her to a hospital in Brooklyn. Farkle will take you there and meet up with us later."

I nodded and leaned in and kissed her "I love you Maya."

"I love you too. I will be okay. This is a blessing that things happened this way. It gives our baby the best chance at life with one of us. You know as well as I do Mom and Dad wanted me to give her up."

"I know you are right." I said nervously.

"Before you go let me see her for a minute." Maya sniffled.

I handed the baby to Maya. She took her and laid her on her chest before giving her a small kiss on the cheek. I knew that this couldn't be easy for her but she was right if we wanted the baby to have a good life with one of us I had to leave. I wrapped the baby girl up in towel and together Farkle and I drove off to a hospital in Brooklyn. When I got there I called my mom and told her to get here as soon as possible. She was very confused as to why I was in Brooklyn of all places but she got there within an hour. Mom was shocked to find out that Maya and I had a baby. She was mad at me for not telling her but the reality of it all was that she fell in love with Cailyn the second that she set eyes on her. We explained to the hospital what happened but of course police were called in about this case. Luckily everything turned out okay and I was able to bring my baby girl home with me. As for Maya I didn't hear from her again but Riley reassured me that she was okay and that her parents actually didn't give a fuck about what had happened since the baby was taken care of. She also told me that her parents were taking Maya out of the city. This really pissed me off but given the fact that Maya was a minor there was nothing she could do about it. I was scared about raising our little girl without her Mom but I knew that with my mom's help everything was going to be okay.

Present Day 3 years later

My beautiful blonde haired blue eyed baby girl was sleeping peacefully next to me in my bed. I couldn't help but smile at how much she looked like her Mom. Every single day when I would look at Cailyn I was reminded of how much she looks like Maya. I think the only thing she got from me was my nose and my lips but other than that she was all her Mom. I haven't heard from Maya at all in the last three years since I last saw her the night Cailyn was born. I had to get up for work soon. Today I was taking Cailyn to her first day of daycare here in the city. It cost quite a bit of money to send her there but I knew it would be great for her to be around other kids. She's 3 years old and next year she will be starting pre-school. Mom and I made sure to pick out a great place for her. I was working a summer job until college started back up again so I had no choice but to send her to day care. After getting myself around for work I had to wake up my sleeping blonde beauty to get her ready for the day. She was grumpy at first but I was able to wake her up with kisses to her neck. Her giggles were music to my ear.

"Time to wake up so Daddy can take you to school." I said as I blew rasberries on her cheek.

She giggled "I up Daddy." she replied.

I picked her up and carried her to the bathroom. I brushed hair hair and her teeth then took her to get dressed. I picked out a cute little sun dress for her and then we went downstairs to where Mom was up and waiting for us.

"I'll do her hair for you while she eats." Mom said with a smile.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek "Thanks Mom."

"You know Lucas, I' m proud of you. You really stepped up the plate." Mom said as she braided Cailyn's hair into pig tails.

"I had to do what I had to do. Do you think she'll be okay at Day Care today? I'm nervous about leaving her." I asked as I cut up some fruit to put in Cailyn's oatmeal.

"Yes honey she'll be fine."

After getting breakfast Cailyn and I set out on our way to start the day. I strapped her in her car seat and made sure I had everything before heading off to the day care. When I got there we were greeted by Mandy a nice girl who helped run the place. She was the same girl who showed me around the other day.

"Hi Lucas! So nice to see you and Cailyn again. Let me take you guys to where she's supposed to be." Mandy said as she walked up to us.

"Nice to see you as well." I replied with a smile.

Mandy led us to a back room where the 2-3 year old's were supposed to go. I hadn't met Cailyn's teacher yet so I was looking forward to this so that I could meet the person who would be taking care of my daughter. Imagine my shock and surprise when Mandy opened the door to the room and a blonde haired familiar face stared back at me. I was not expecting this turn of events at all and Maya looked just as shocked to see me as I was her.

A/N: Okay so let me know what you think of this fic! It's different but going to be good! I will do a visual of Cailyn in the next chapter. :)