Chapter Three - Act I

7:00pm

"Oh, what could hurt? If it was built to hold students for years, it's obviously stable." Namjoon shrugs and walks through, Jimin tailing him carelessly.

Their shoes quietly pat the strong cement sidewalks as each of them take a step through the rusty steel gate doors. Each of their shadows following them silently, clearly seen against the sun slipping into the earth.

From Jimin's point of view, the field seemed endless. He turns around to face the gates he just walked through to find them more than 50 meters away. Shrunken. Fragile. Yet the dorm building has somehow teleported itself about five feet away.

In the far distance, music begins to play. A light cheerful tune on the piano, mostly figured as a Christmas carol.

Everyone's heads slowly turned to Namjoo, her eyes widened and she shakes her head. She was pretty sure she left her phone to charge in her room.

The group silently walks into the dorm building, already looking around. Only a few of them still remaining a calm heartbeat

Namjoo walks over to where she figures would be a light switch and flips the switch. To everyone's surprise, all the lights overhead flickers on.

"I thought we were gonna need flashlights." Jungkook was slightly irritated, the fun of looking around through the dark with just a few flashlights was ruined before the night even began.

"Well," Chorong glances at Bomi, "anyone afraid of the dark doesn't have to worry anymore."

Bomi has the worst fear of the darkness.

7:30pm

It was Hayoung's suggestion that everyone split up and although there were some mumbled disagreements, they eventually split into pairs or small groups.

Before everyone parted for the time being, Hoseok spoke for the last time, "We're all gonna die because we're doing what every horror movie does."

Seokjin shook his head while dragging Hoseok off, "We're not gonna die."

"For all we know, there's nothing here. Everything looks exactly the same as the other buildings." Naeun looks around with the other two.

"Except for the paintings on the walls." Hoseok pointed out, noticing how each picture gave off a lost feeling.

Naeun laughs lightly, "Stop fooling around, Hoseok."

The mentioned student eyes Naeun, "What do you mean?"

"They're not paintings," Seokjin said, "they're mirrors."

Group A: Seokjin Kim, Hoseok Jung, Naeun Son.
Destination: Ground Level

7:41pm

"What's the deal with basements?" Namjoo follows Jungkook down the staircase.

Hayoung answers while shaking her head, "He thinks they're scary."

"I can answer questions on my own, thank you very much." Jungkook replies, finding the switch easily at the bottom of the stairs and flipping it, expecting lights to come on.

The three of them freeze for a moment. If the lights upstairs turned on, shouldn't the lights in the basement be working as well?

Jungkook shrugs it off and pulls out a flashlight, switching that on and walking around the shelves in the room, "At least we have flashlights."

"Thank god, Bomi isn't here. She'd be screaming by now." Namjoo wanders into a different route, her own flashlight on but still staying nearby.

"What do you think all this stuff is even here for?" Hayoung, with her flashlight, skimming through the items on each shelf. She, too, was going into a slightly different path than the other two.