Chapter 12: Predacons? On Earth?

Seeing the body of the Predacon was a shock for the 'Bots, especially since they've not seen anything like this since most life began on Cybertron. Also, it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

A few moments later, the rest of Team Prime and the Human Autobots had arrived on site, and were also shocked at the site of the Predacon in ice. Ratchet started scanning and analysing the metal body of the humungous creature in ice, whilst the others looked on in awe.

"Have you found anything?" Arcee asked.

"Though it remains unclear why such a beast would be found on your planet, its presence reveals all too much about Predacons being on Earth." Ratchet announced. "Except, that the Predacons have been extinct since, well..."

"Since before most life began on Cybertron." Smokescreen finished.

"They're like Earth's dinosaurs." Velma suggested.

"Which means for you guys, running into one of these beasts would be like us meeting a T-Rex." Daphne added, her arms crossed over her chest.

"One thing still doesn't follow. Predacons went extinct on Cybertron, so what would this one be doing here?" Smokescreen asked, pointing to the metal creature.

"I agree." Striker walked up, and crossed her arms over her chest. "How and why?" She asked.

"I'm afraid I do not know." Optimus replied, his left hand cupped under his chin.

"I do, though." Megatron spoke up, and everyone looked to him, as he gestured his right arm toward the frozen beast. "This is not a genuine Predacon, but rather, a Predacon clone. For you see, Shockwave had an envisioning plan of cloning ancient beast from prehistoric matter. During the War For Cybertron, I sanctioned the dispatch of a small army of Preda-clones to Earth, to unleash the beasts on unwitting Autobot forces stationed here. Once they accomplished their mission, the surviving Predacons held sentinel on this very world for ages to come, guarding the Energon reserves they had managed to secure, while awaiting my arrival." He sighed. "Of course, our reunion here was much delayed, and it would seem that this beast may well be the very last of its own driving kind, whilst the other beasts have been lost, to the ravages of time."

"I see." Braedimus then tapped against the icy prison that contained the Predacon. "My best guess, the Predacon had been in stasis, when it was sealed within the ice long ago when it travelled here."

"So, how do we get it out of there?" Grim asked.

"Grim, are you crazy?!" Blades asked the Human Autobot, as if he was crazy.

"No. Grim is correct, Blades." Braedimus spoke up, and the Sikorsky Autobot looked at her leader, as if she had heard that correctly. "If we are to win against the Decepticons, we must seize whatever opportunity comes to us, and use it to our advantage." He then looked to Grim and Bulkhead. "Bulkhead, you will try and carefully punch at the ice around the Predacon, whilst Grim turns into Dino Mode, and melts the ice with his fire breath." Finally, he looked to the other 'Bots, and their human allies. "And everyone else, remain hidden until I call out its safe."

With those orders, everyone headed to their positions. Optimus and Megatron stayed with Braedimus, Bulkhead and Grim, just in case something goes wrong. Daphne was also there with the two, so she could try and soothe the beast, in case the Predacon is angry.

With Bulkhead, he shifted both of his hands into his mace melee weapons, and began to punch them against the ice around the tail section of the beast, whilst Grim stood nearby the neck and torso section.