Beginnings

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

I sluggishly tried to hit my alarm, hoping that it'd turn off, only it didn't.

It kept on beeping, but this time it sounded too familiar...

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

My eyes shot wide open, making me feel alive again.

"Mel, is that you?" I questioned as I spotted my little sis hiding under my bed.

"Of course! I promised I'd wake you the day you leave for college. Didn't I?" she asked smiling a toothless grin.

"Yes, I remember. Come here and help me up off the bed," I told her motioning for her to come out.

She wiggled her way out from under the bed completely, then jumped on top of me, and tugged my arm.

"Now go get ready! Carter already brought your suitcase downstairs, and mom's probably waiting for us by now," her cute 6 year old voice commanded. I could never take her seriously....

"Alright, alright! now get off of me! hahaha," I chuckled with my little sister, Melissa.

She then hopped off my back and headed down the stairs.

Ouch, I thought as I rubbed my spine.

Today was going to be the start of something new. Something shiny and full of inspiring hope.

I pulled my head out of a sleepy daze, and headed for the closet. I swung the door open and immediately pulled out a pair of leggings, black uggs, and a baggy sweatshirt. As I started to pull the sweatshirt over my head, I could over hear the distinctive voice of my older brother, Carter, rising.

"Mom, listen to me. I know you're proud of Juliette, but so am I! I just don't want her to have another breakdown-"

"I know you mean well, but I've seen some improvement in her mental state. I know she'll be fine there," my mother spoke trying to calm Carter down.

"No mom! Remember what happened last time? You weren't even there when she started cutting the b-"

"That's enough!" my mom was now screaming loud enough for even our old hound dog to hear.

"Today's suppose to be a happy and exciting day for Jules, and besides, you can mentor and observe her since you'll be teaching there now," she stated calming more of herself down than Carter.

I tried to stop eavesdropping on their conversation, because first of all- it's rude, and second- I couldn't take it anymore. They were making it sound as if I were mentally ill and unstable. even though it's part true... It evoked all those bad memories again.

I shook the clouded thoughts aside, grabbed my lucky Champ bag, and headed down the stairs. I couldn't wait to start off fresh, and say goodbye to all of the horrifying moments that occurred here. home.

Sweet home Alabama. -Skynyrd was truly insane for being able to making millions off of that untrue song.

But at the same time, I was going to miss this place. I'm afraid of what's to come.

................................................................

Vrrrrommm Vroooom. The sound of the car ignition roaring to life ended my pathetic mental rant.

While we were on the way to the airport, Carter, Melissa, Marie, and I; Carter spoke suddenly. "Sooooo, you excited to come with me to Maryland and go to college now?"

"I guess college life will suffice. So, sure I suppose so..."I replied without any confidence.

"Oh come on, Jules. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends and adjust in no time," my brother replied so chill as always.