In the Summertime

BEEP BEE-

"Our house, in the middle of our street

Our house, in the middle of our-"

My old 80's music suppressed the noise of the bus honking it's horn.

"ALLL ABOARD." The fat driver yelled. He obviously rose his voice so I could hear him, but he didn't get it. Did he? The whole purpose of headphones was to ignore annoying people like him.

I took off my plugs, said hello, and the took a sit on the vehicle.

Chhhheeerk...

The squeaky doors were finally closing after all of the passengers had boarded.

It was a depressing day. Bleak to be exact. The rain didn't seem to make it any better either.

I decided to call Jamie and Avery and ask when they would get on the bus they told me to go to.

Beep....Beep...Beep....

"Awwww please pick up," I whined into the cellular device.

"Hey Julie! What's up?"

"Oh hiiii, it's Avery here too."

"OMG hey guys. I'm so glad you picked up." I greeted the gals.

"Well if Avery would just shut up about her sex life then maybe I would have answered sooner." I heard Jamie reply annoyed at Avery.

"Hey I'm sorry. Niall's just sooo good with cu-"

"Anyway, you were calling because????" Jamie interrupted Avery to change the subject.

"Haha, yeah. Um, where exactly are you guys? I thought we were going to met at the bus stop?" I asked them both.

"Wait are you already on the bus, Jules?" Avery asked.

"Yeah, we're not going until 10." Jamm replied.

"I don't understand though? It's 10 now." I stated confused.

"Juliette, 10p.m. not a.m." Avery laughed.

"Ugggh, you've got to be kidding me. I'm already on the freaking bus." I groaned.

"Don't worry goose. Just stay on it and we'll met you at Chesapeake later on." Jamie spoke.

"We'll probably end up taking the bus at 3pm anyway, so it won't be that long until we catch up with you." Avery stated.

"Oh shit", I reminded myself of a prior appointment on my schedule.

"What's wrong now?" Jamie asked.

"Wait you heard that?" I asked shocked.

"Avery here, can read minds. Just not when it comes to sex..." Jamie laughed.

"Hey!" Avery yelled, "I'll have you two know that I'm very good at reading a boy's mind when it comes to sex."

"Uh huh. Sure. Just like Harry Styles having a girlfriend." Jamie laughed

I gulped at the mention of his name. It was as if I was developing a crush on him, and I barely knew who he was.

"I forgot about Mason and I's date, and since I'm on the bus earlier than expected, I'll miss it." I pouted.

"No problemo." Avery spoke Spanish fluently since she's hispanic.

"She's right. I told him you'd be there tonight at the bonfire beach thingy because I knew you'd forget about it." Jamie exclaimed.

I scoffed,"Jamie! Why didn't you remind me?"

"Because I thought it was funny." She laughed through the phone.