Chapter 23

Terrence

I just dropped Nathan off to Tommy now I'm on my way to the hospital with the car seats and stuff since she's leaving today.

...

"You ready?", I asked picking their car seats up.

"Yeah.", she said grabbing the bags. She made sure she had everything before we left. When we made it downstairs I put the covers over their faces and went outside. She sat between the both of them as I drove to her house.

...

She ran her fingers through her hair and looked at the twins. "How the fuck are we gonna do this?". What the fuck is she talking about?

"You'll figure something out."

"I gotta watch them by myself?", she asked looking at me.

"No, I didn't know you was talkin' about that."

"Oh.", she said looking back at them. "You live like 30 minutes away and I live here, how is that gonna work?".

"When ever you want me to get them just tell me, they got a room at the house. We'll be over a lot.". She shook her head still looking at them.

Emily

"Deal.", I said looking up at Terrence. They started crying at the same time. If they always cry together imma go crazy. We each grabbed a baby then changed and fed them. Jayden went straight to sleep but Jayda didn't she just stayed up, she didn't cry though. When Terrence talked to her and held her she cried. When I held and talked to her she smiled. I gave her to him again and she didn't cry. I wonder why she cried at first. O well. Jayden woke up, I thought he was gonna cry but he didn't he just laid there, I picked him up. When he saw me he smiled. They got dimples.

...

While me and Terrence was asleep one of them started screaming making the other one cry. We hopped up and ran in there. Once we did we saw somebody in all black hopping out out the window. "Call the police.", Terrence said hopping out the window. Issac ran in right after we did.

"Somebody came in here?"

"Yeah.", I said grabbing my phone. Issac looked down then hopped out the window.

...

They came in with somebody breathing hard as fuck in about 2 minutes if that. "This nigga fast.". I ripped the mask off and it was January's brother, August. They had a sister named April and a sister named June, they died from a car accident. I don't know why they momma name them after months.