Chapter 31

Terrence

It's been 5 long ass years, Emily did exactly what she said she would do. They visited me every week, answered every call and made sure I had everything. She watched over Nathan and treated him like he was her own. I love that girl to death. They're about to tell me if I can leave or not, if I can Issac gone come get me so I can surprise them. I know they gone go crazy. "Terrence you're a free man.". I got a big ass smile on my face.

Emily

"I'll be back.", Issac said as I took down my braids in the living room.

"Bring me some apple juice."

"Okay."

Terrence

When I walked in my momma's house I saw my momma in the kitchen cooking while she was on the phone. "I know my baby comin' back, girl yeah, oh she gone go crazy when she see him, Jesus told me I talked to him last night.". I sat at the table and waited for her to turn around, this shit fenna be funny. She got on her wig too. That mother fucker gone fly off. Me and Issac gone be dead.

"How much you wanna be she catch the holly ghost?", Issac asked lowly while she was on the phone.

"50. How much you wanna bet her wig fly off less than 30 seconds after she do."

"50.". We shook on it and waited for her to get off the phone.

...

She still didn't see me, we been sitting her for 15 minutes. "Walk up to her or some shit.", I said lowly. He shook his head then walked to her and put his arm around her.

"Hey momma."

"Hey Issac, you hungry?"

"Yeah, I got yo' juice too. It's on the table.". She turned around and dropped the phone. I stood up and smiled. She caught the holy ghost. "You owe me 50.".

"Lets see. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.". It flew off. Me and Issac died. I don't know why she cut her damn hair. After a minute she stopped and came to hug me. We hugged for a long ass time, she started crying too.

...

"You see Emily yet?", my momma asked at me and Issac ate.

"Nah, imma see her last."

"That girl gone pass out."

"I hope not."

"Yall gone have a long night."

"Ma.". I knew it was gone be a long night but still, she don't need to know about it. Nobody do.

"What? She asked for a baby sitter if you got out."

"She kickin' us out tonight too.". I started laughing.

"Dang."

...

I went to Tommy house then Emily momma's house and now I'm on my way home. This fenna be crazy. We walked in and I heard the kids upstairs. Issac told me that she was in the living room taking down her hair. "Issac you better got my juice!".

"I got somethin', not yo' juice."

"I-, I don't even got time for you right now I'm waiting on my man to call me."

"He ain't gone call you.", he said as we walked in.

"He better."

"Why I gotta call when I'm right here?". She slowly turned around. She ran to me screaming then jumped on me and started kissing me all over.

"I am gonna fuck the shit out of you tonight.", she said in my ear. She started telling me what she was gone do and my eyes got big. She a freak. That kids ran down.

"Leave my momma alone!", they all yelled together. They started hitting. She wasn't lying these heavy handed kids beating my ass.

"It's me! It's me!". They stopped hitting me. She got down and I turned around so they could see me. They all yelled, Jayda was the loudest. I got down so I could hug all of them. Jayda started crying.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too baby, I missed all of yall."

"We missed too dad.", Nathan said.

"I missed you the most.", Jayden said.

"No I did.", Jayda said. They started going back and forth about who missed me the most. Jayda started hitting Jayden. Before we could do anything Jayden grabbed her arms stopping her.

"Stop hitting me Jayda, that hurts. I'm not supposed to hit you so you shouldn't hit me either."

"I'm sorry Jayden, I missed him more though.", Jayda said.

"We both miss him the same.". They hugged then came back to me. We all did a group hug. This is what I been waiting for. The love from my family. We're finally together.