Chapter 24

Terrence

He alright, they said August started shaking him hard but stopped when Jayden started crying. August said it was January's idea and told them what she said, they sent somebody to her house too. He was gonna kill them, he forgot the knife so he started shaking him. He dumb as fuck, I'm happy he is though. I'm thinking about all of us getting a big house that's secure and everybody can live in. "You alright?", I asked putting my hand on Emily's thigh. She shook her head and laid on my shoulder. "He okay.".

"I know but still, that shit scary."

"You still go that guest room?"

"Yeah."

"You want me and Nathan to come stay for a little bit.". She shook her head.

Emily

Issac helped Terrence with their bags while I laid with the twins. Issac ran in. "Keys, my car still inna shop, her water just broke.". I quickly gave him my keys.

"Call momma so she can come."

"Okay."

...

The thunder is so loud, I hate it. I'm low key scared. "I'm fenna go to sleep.", Terrence said walking in. His room is right next to theirs so I'm good.

"Okay."

"Where the baby monitor at?"

"It should be another one in the room."

"Ight, goodnight ma."

"Goodnight.", I said as he left out.

...

I can't sleep this thunder is keeping me up. I keep lowly screaming. While I was thinking my door opened. It was Terrence. "You know I can hear you right?".

"Huh? Hear what?"

"You screamin', come on."

"What?"

"My room."

"What about Nathan."

"Do you know how big that bed is?", he asked yawning. "Come on, a nigga tired.". I got up and walked to him. I grabbed his hand and we walked to the room. "Don't break my hand.".

"Oh, sorry.", I said letting his hand go. He didn't let got of mine though. Thank God. The babies started crying so we went in there to change and feed them.

...

This is the 6th time they woke up. I don't know if I can do this.

...

My momma's on her way to watch the twins while we go to work.

...

I ran into somebody cause I wasn't paying attention and got coffee on them. "Oh shit, I am so sorry.".

"What the fuck y-. Emily? That you?"

"Yeah? Who are you?"

"You don't remember me?"

"No."

"It's me, Lamar. You and yo' friend danced for us.". Ohh he chicken nugget.

"Oh yeah."

"You turnin' up again?"

"No, that's not me anymore."

"How about one more dance? Let me make it rain one more time."

"I don't think so Lamar, that's not me."

"Come on now Mily, be a bad girl one more time, for me. I ain't scared to beg.", he said grabbing my hand. I snatched it away.

"No Lamar, excuse me I'm gonna be late.", I said before walking past him. He grabbed my arm tightly. "Let me go, you're hurting me.". He smiled then let me go. He smacked my ass as I walked away. "Stop!".

"Look at it jiggle.", he said laughing. I huffed and finished walking to the building.