Detour

"Rose? Are you ok?" I looked at the direction of the voice seeing Jeremy. I shook my head and kept walking. He moved closer towards me. "What's wrong?" I shook my head, "it isn't important...I'm just gonna go home." I kept walking hearing the clanking of my shoes on the pavement. I had almost made it out of the gates when I heard footsteps running towards me.

"Wait! Rose! At least let me drive you there so you aren't walking. It's getting a little chilly..." I turn to look at him. He's looking at me with a straight face...he looked so much like his brother...idk if it's a good idea given the situation...

"Fine..." I walk with him to his car and get in. He shuts the door behind me. For a while we're driving in silence. He puts on the radio and a slow song plays. I close my eyes listening to the lyrics.

Ed Sheeran's amazing voice imprinting the words in my mind. I'm so completely submerged on the song that I jump when I feel something touch my hand. I look down; it was his hand. I was feeling tingles and looked at his face. He was looking at me with so much kindness. My heart was beating faster.

"A detour ok?" I shrugged. He keeps driving for a while until we get somewhere familiar. The place we hung out the last time when we couldn't sleep. We both get out of the car and go inside. "I'll get you something just sit down, ok?" I go to the table we sat at last time just staring down not wanting anyone to look at what a mess I am.

A few minutes later I jump hearing him sit. "You're a little jumpy..." then he looks at me. Really looks at me and sees it. "Rose...you're fantastic...why would you let a guy hurt you the way he did." he grabs my hand looking at all the bruises a little angry. "I'm gonna kill him" he muttered angrily.

"Please don't. It's no big deal..." he moves closer touching my face gently. "If only you saw what I see..." I close my eyes feeling his soft touch. He still had his soft hands on my face when our stuff was set on the table.

He let go and I opened my eyes. This time it was a cupcake and a hot chocolate. "Thought you needed something sweet in your life." I giggled grabbing my cupcake. We stayed in a comfortable silence enjoying our sweets. I knew I'd have to tell him eventually...I just didn't want here to be the place I did.

~~~

We are driving around and decided to head over to his house. I didn't think Rupert would be home so I decided it wouldn't be awkward if I did. When we got to the house we went in through the back door and softly went to his room. He closed the door slowly behind him and we sat on the edge of the bed.

"You willing to tell me what's going on?" I looked at my hands and contemplated for a little. "...I told Rupert I'm in love with him..." he stayed quiet for a minute, thinking. He finally spoke softly, "what did he say?"

"Nothing...he just gave me this look that told me I fucked everything up..." tears start rolling down my cheeks and he wiped them softly with his shirtsleeves. He moved to hug me but I flinched, it reminded me of Jeffrey. He looked at me and softly pulled up the top part of my dress, he froze speechless. Along with the scabs of old cuts that hadn't yet healed there was a big dark purple bruise.

Then he reacted in the most surprising way. He kissed my bruises and my cuts; being gentle not to cause me any pain. I felt a sense of calmness and tingling with every kiss. I didn't quite understand what was going on but I felt like if nothing else mattered in the world, nothing but this moment here with Jeremy.

I open my eyes looking at him; he looked me in the eyes the conflicted look on his face that he always gave me for some strange reason present. This time I let my feelings take over...I ignored my mind. I closed the space between us and kissed him. His lips were soft and warm and they kissed me back. They didn't pull away... they trailed down my cheek, down my neck, along my collar bone.

Every cell of my body had awoken. Goosebumps filled my skin as I closed my eyes feeling his soft kisses all around my neck and chest. He was above me moving towards my lips again. "Rose..." I opened my eyes staring back at him.

He kissed me sofly then sighs touching my cheek, "Rose... I love you..."