Prologue

James Potter. The name that made Asphodel May feel warm inside.

They had been friends since they were little. She even taught him how to ride a bike. But as James matured, so did Asphodel, and her feelings settled on James Potter. And they didn't seem to budge at all. She didn't know why, or when, or how, she just knew that she truly adored him. Maybe it was because she'd been around him so often and it let Asphodel see all the sides to James Potter. She didn't want her feelings to get in the way of their friendship, no, she didn't want it to change anything. But it was starting to.

The only problem was, he was blindsided by Lily Evans.

 Asphodel never wanted to ruin the way he felt for her, she just wanted James to know that she could offer her feelings too. If he accepted it.

It had all started when the Sorting Hat Ceremony commenced.

James and Asphodel were planning on being in the same house, but then, as her name was called out and the Hat was placed on her, it was an instant, "HUFFLEPUFF!" for Asphodel.

James soon got sorted into Gryffindor and once it was Lily's turn, James could not get his eyes off her.

It started off as a simple crush as far as Asphodel could tell, but once they entered their fifth year, she wasn't so sure. Of course, since she wasn't in the Gryffindor common room, things between James and Lily could be going differently, but from what she saw, it wasn't.

From fourth year and below James would give her compliments left and right. She would try her best to dismiss them as nicely as possible. But, as his feelings progressed, he started to keep persisting and keep saying it out of habit, which only irritated her more.

More recently, James started to ask her if they wanted to go out on a date. She said no hundreds and billions of times so Asphodel didn't know why he kept it up.

She didn't remember him being like that as a child. Usually if she said no, he suggested something different to please her. 

It was just that Asphodel couldn't see why James never thought that Asphodel had grown feelings for him. He was smart, wasn't he? He could surely figure that out all on his own. Maybe he thought that friendship was enough. But to Asphodel, she wanted more.

A/N: Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking, "You just started to work on Chocolate again and now you hit us with this?" I promise I'll be working on them both as equally as I can. It's just that this has been a story in my drafts since forever, and with a new mindset, I thought I could revamp this book before it went to waste.