Chapter 3

"Here's the plan. First, we need to get legs"said Lyla. "Well, that's just great. We are gonna get legs. Well that's the last thing I would do " said Nixie. "Oh, they're no that bad"said Lyla. "They're just as bad as that land boy"said Nixie."Oh,would you two stop arguing about legs "said Sirena.  "It's better to go get legs now than get legs later"said Sirena. "Sirena is right. It's better to act now than later. Come on guys, I know where is the shell is"said Lyla. Later Sirena, Nixie and Lyla pulled themselves  their way up the the Mako Island beach, towards the magic shell. "So, how do we get the legs"said Nixie. "It's simple, we have to use our powers to get the legs"said Lyla. So the three mermaids used their powers on the shell at the same time.They did that for a few seconds.And then suddenly their tails turned into legs, but they were naked.  "Well, at least we can walk on land now"said Lyla. The 3 girls walked awkwardly towards the water.From there, they raced towards land. Once they got to the land, they took some clothes that were hanging on clothes lines over the water. Then they went up on shore, dried off and put the clothes on as quickly as possible."Well, we learned to stand.But can we walk?"asked Sirena."It looks easy"said Lyla,looking around."Follow my lead"said Nixie as she took a step forward.Suddenly, she face planted onto a sidewalk. "Oh,yeah.Very easy"said Lyla, being sarcastic.There girls kept on moving forward,walking awkwardly around. "How can land people live with this"explained Lyla as she grabbed onto a bench."That's because they are land people"said Nixie."We just have to practice"."As soon as we are done with this land boy,I'm jumping in the water"said Lyla. "Yeah, same"said Nixie. The girls kept on walking,getting comfortable with every step.Some they stumbled across a random house.  "Hey,look! It looks like some funny looking box"said Sirena."Sirena,it's called a house"said Lyla. "I'm going in". Lyla opened the gate and went inside,hoping she wound't meet anybody land people.Then Nixie and Sirena followed after her.They saw a window.All three girls pushed a box right underneath the window.Then they stepped onto the box and pecked inside the house.They looked  through the window and saw a scary looking creature. And that creature is none other than a white cat looking right back at them. The mermaids screamed and headed out the exit as fast as they can run. "Now that thing is scary"said Sirena, out of breath. "So how do we get in the house?"said Nixie "Well we will run in the house and look for the hatch without waking up the beast"said Lyla. "Let's go now and get it over with"said Sirena. So the three mermaids headed in the house. They went through the kitchen, the bathroom, the bedrooms, the living room and the office. Finally they came to a book shelf.