Chapter 2

"Oh no"said Sirena. "What are we going to do". "Well, how do we know if the land boy has powers"said Nixie. "Well we can go find out "said Lyla. "Or we could take his powers away quickly so he does not feel the pain"said Nixie. "I don't think we should do that to the land boy. I don't think he has powers or anything"said Lyla. "Can we at least go find out if he has any powers"said Sirena. "Oh, ok"said Nixie. The three mermaids swam out of the secret entrance, but they ran into their friend, Willow. " Oh, hello Willow " said Lyla" Hello girls, is there something wrong?" asked Willow. The 3 girls looked at each other and then back at Willow."Last night went totally wrong,....a land boy came out of no where and fell into the moon pool "said Lyla." YOU let a land boy go into the moon pool, Lyla, you know what happens when a land person go into the moon pool during a full moon " said Willow, in a concerned voice." You broke the most important rule of all ". " We didn't let him in! He came out of no where " explained Sirena. " I gotta tell the mermaid council, I'm sorry " said Willow as she dipped back into the water. " This isn't fair " explained Nixie. " We didn't let him in,he came to us ". " Yeah but the mermaid council isn't gonna believe us until we have proof that we didn't let him in " explained Lyla. " But how are we gonna do that? " asked Sirena. " I'm not sure " said Lyla. " I think we should go to the docks and see if the land boy has powers " said Nixie. " What if he doesn't have any powers? " asked Sirena. " What chance does that have against that he does have powers? " said Lyla. " Very little " mumbled Sirena. The 3 girls dipped under the water and swam towards the docking area. They poke their heads out of the water and saw Zac with Cam on land. " Hey Cam, can I show you something?" asked Zac. " Yeah sure " replied Cam. Zac and Cam walked to a tap and Zac turned it on. He let the water run for a few seconds. then he started using his powers. But Nixie started using her powers to kept the shape of the water the same. " Is that what your showing me? " said Cam. " Just water? ". "No Cam, not at all. I can move water just with my hands! It's just not working right now"explained Zac."Whatever you say,Zac. But you've been acting different since the camping trip. You've been eating more seafood and spending a lot of time in the water. Why have you changed and what made you change?"asked Cam."I think we should go now"Whispered Sirena."But what if he has a tail too?"whispered Nixie."We need to find out so we have to stay"whispered Lyla, adding onto Nixie's comment. The 3 girls kept on watching."Well, your not gonna believe this.So I will show you instead of telling you"said Zac. Zac turned around to face his boat dock. he started to run and he dived  into the water. Nixie,Lyla and Sirena turned themselves invisible so Zac wouldn't see them spying on him and Cam. Cam peered into the water with questions going through his mind. A few seconds later, Cam gasped at Zac. Zac resurfaced with a blue scaly tail, instead of legs."You are....you are...."stammered Cam,trying to find the right words."Yes I am a merman, but you can't tell anyone"said Zac with pride."Of course I won't, we're best friends. We always keep each other secrets"said Cam."No you don't. At my 12 birthday party you told Sarah that I have a crush on her" said Zac, crossly."Oh yeah.I guess I was a jerk about that.But I know that I wouldn't  tell anyone about this.And if I did, then you would end up in a science lab"explained Cam."Can we go NOW?"whispered Sirena."Yes"said Lyla as she, Nixie and Sirena ducked theirs heads underwater and swam away, heading towards Mako Island.