I'm Already There - Chapter 14 - Dream (Part 2)

I paced back and forward as Joe sat down, he focused on my facial expression.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"No, I'm not." I answered vaguely, 

"What's wrong?" 

"Well you see Joe-"

"How do you know my first name?" He asked nervously. 

"Can you please let me finish first" I began, he nodded so I  continue. "Well you see Joe, when I was 16, I got pregnant and we both decided it was best for her to be adopted. But you wanted to keep her, so...i Left you in the hospital to raise her alone"

He stayed still. After he had a moment piercing everything together, he ran over and threw his arms around me. I knew he would react this way, so caring and forgiving. I felt tear drops fall on my shoulder as I pulled away, I saw a seas of prolonging tears. This man, who I loved was at his most vunerable state, he broke before me. I  felt his pain: his life, his life. I felt as if I reconnected with him:mental.

"I'm so sorry" he began,  barely getting his words out from the constant tears "This is all my fault, at least I know one thing, he heard me."

"Who heard you?" I asked curiously.

"God" he simply answered, "I prayed to him, every night asking that I could see you even if it was just once. I prayed that one day... You would come back into my arms and now I know he heard me"