Chapter Two

How to Ruin Dinner

My parents were back on time. Even a little early. By seven, we were ready to go. My jaw dropped at the house the new neighbors lived in. It was as big as ours, if not bigger. More of an eighteenth century mansion. Ours was more modern. The man who let us in was about five-foot-six. He had a little gray on the sides. And he had balded on the top. He looked about forty-five forty-seven. He had a tired look on his face and bags under his eyes. He wore a suit which was black. "This way," he said in his fancy accent. Now I was starting to feel ridiculous. I was in a hoodie and jeans. Everyone else was in at least semi-formal attire. The man led us to a big dining room. Much bigger than ours. The was a big, wooden table with all sorts of cutlery set on it. "You're welcome to the Yankson household," a woman said, descending stairs I hadn't noticed.

My mother and her were exchanging pleasantries, whiles my father was talking to another man. My brother was talking to a boy who was at least a year younger than us. And Emily was with a girl who seemed familiar to me but I just couldn't place my finger where I knew here from. Little Eric was playing on his iPad. "Dinner is ready," the man who had led us in the house, said. He had been introduced to us as James the butler. We each took our seats after the hostess had taken hers.

"So, which high school do you recommend for our children go to? " she asked.

"Dales High."

"Oh really. Do your children go there? "

" Yes. It's a--"

"I got my ticket for the long way round! Two bottles of whiskey on the way, " a man with a bottle in his hand sang. He was obviously drunk. He walked over to Mrs. Yankson, stumbling a little." You know, the state I'm in is all your fault. You shouldn't have said no to my marriage proposal. "

" Your what? " Mrs. Yankson looked stunned." I've been married for near twenty years. Who are you and what are you talking about? " The man paid no attention to her as he kissed her before she could keep talking. Mr. Yankson was left in a stupor. Everyone was shocked. I, however, found it hilarious. This drunk man had come out of nowhere and was trying to make out with our hostess.

"James! Help! Security! "Mrs. Yankson tried to scream. James came quickly with two men to rescue her mistress. As the drunk guy was being pulled away, Mrs. Yankson vomited on my poor twin who was seated right next to her. His face was covered in it. I couldn't control my laughter. I laughed so hard I fell off my chair. Note to self. If you ever want to ruin dinner, bring a drunk man who wants your hostess to marry him. We left that evening without a word to our hosts. Andre puked all the way home. With what I had planned for him, he would be doing more than puking.

A/n: so there's an update. At this rate, I'll finish the book in time for birth of my grandchildren. Not really. Just a couple hundred chapters to go. *scoffs*as if I'll ever write a hundred chapters. Eighty, maybe. Hundred, nah. The school semester begins in the next two chapters. In between is the prank Andy pulls on Andre. If you have guessed where Andy knows the Yankson girl, message me to tell me. Even I have forgotten where I put her in the book. I guess old age is catching up with me. To get one thing straight, I'm talking to myself right now, but when you read this, I'll be talking to you? Weird huh.