Chapter 8

READ, COMMENT AND VOTE

      I walk through the crowd of drunken teenagers, managing to dodge a couple heavily making out in the middle of the room. I roamed around the first floor for God knows how long. The house is massive and it would at least take a hour to go round the whole house.

      I some how ended up roaming around the second floor. I was going in almost every room, avoiding the ones that had strange noises coming from them that made me cringe out of my skin. I was halfway down the hallway and pushed open a light wooden door, stepping into a neat room. Then my eyes landed on something, or should I say someone.

      "What are you doing?!" I hissed at Cade.

      He seemed to be startled when he heard me, considering his back was facing me. When his eyes landed on me he smirked and gave a carless shrug. "Exploring." He smirked.

      "So this is why you wanted to come." I cross my arms over my chest and narrow my eyes at him.

      Cade's smirk dropped to an awkward smile as he began to nub the back of his neck, "The thought had occurred to me." He muttered.

      I let out an annoyed and tired sigh. "Come on. Let's get out of here." I said effortlessly.

      "What's the rush?" he asked looking at me with a little bit on concern in his eyes.

      "I don't want anyone to find us in Tristan's bedroom." I hissed, feeling the heat rise from my neck to my cheeks.

      "We should give them all something to talk about..." Cade's smirk grew wider as his eyes trail down my body as they did at the start of the night.

      I bit my lip rather neverously and start to shuffle uncomfortably.

      Cade rolls his eyes once he sees how I'm acting. "Right. You don't want to be caught with the bad boy." He mutters, a hint of sadness and anger in his voice.

     "I need to find Naomi." I said, feeling a little awkward.

     As I turned around to head for the door, Cade spoke up. "She's not looking for you. What's it going to take to get you to just have some fun?" He questions and I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

     I turn back round to meet his dark brown eyes. "What time is it?"

     He pulls out a golden watch from his pocket, looking very expensive and my eyes widen when I notice who's watch it is. "Looks like it's about 11:30." He answers as he takes one last glance at the watch before pocketing it again.

     My eyes widen at his chilled behaviour before pointing a finger at him. "That's Tristan's watch!" I scowl him.

     He put his finger up to his lips, pouting them slightly. "Shhh!" He looks around the room, as if anyone could be listening. "Don't worry. Mommy will buy him a new one." He laughs as he turns his back and walks in the opposite direction of me.

     "Cade!" I call out. "What are you doing?!" I job after him, into the room he disappeared into. When I get in, the room is dark, but you can still see it from the moon light that is peering in through the large window.

     "Dang." Cade cures as he looks around the room in amazement. "This room is bigger than my dad's old place."

     "Come on. Let's go back downstairs." I insist, knowing that if someone walks in they might think he did something. Or worse, we did something.