37

jacob pulled up at troye's house, taking a deep breath before stepping out of his truck and making his way up the short pathway to troye's front door.

jacob chuckled to himself as he spotted the flowers by the windows, seeing that they've grown since the last time he was here.

he rang the doorbell, hearing light footsteps trotting towards the door.

troye swung the door open a few moments later, a large grin on his face. he was still wearing his outfit and makeup from his date, and fuck did he look adorable.

he was wearing a light blue blouse that looked like it was purchased from a girl's clothes department. his eyelashes, which were already naturally long, were even more pronounced due to mascara, making his baby blue eyes more noticeable.

"hi, jakey," he giggled, grabbing jacob's hand and pulling him inside the small house. jacob shivered slightly the moment he entered the house, even though he had his baseball jacket on. when troye said his family couldn't afford heat, he wasn't lying.

"sage?" troye called out. "jacob's here."

a young girl, maybe six or seven years old, huffed as she walked out of the living room, her tiny arms crossed over her chest. her blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders, and being that it was so long, it reached her stomach.

troye grabbed his coat off a hook that was near the door, giving jacob a sad smile. "i have to be going now."

jacob just nodded solemnly, his heart burning with jealously. carson, a kid he didn't even know, was already on the list of people he hated. the lucky bastard got to take his blue eyed beauty on a date.

"i'll be back soon. bye, sagey," troye said softly, leaning down to kiss his sister on her forehead.

"i don't like you," were the first words out of sage's mouth the moment troye walked out, closing the door behind himself.

jacob raised his eyebrows. "oh? why's that?"

he walked towards the living room, and sage reached up and held onto the bottom of jacob's coat so she could follow him.

"b-because! you put tro-tro in the hospital!"

jacob froze. he preferred not to think about that moment. maybe if he pretended it didn't happen, that memory would go away.

"you called him stupid! meanie!" sage cried out in anger, stomping her small foot on the ground.

jacob sat down on the sofa, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. "i was the one being stupid, sage. not troye."

she stared up at him with those wide blue eyes as she climbed onto the sofa beside jacob. "mummy doesn't want you talking to him."

"i know. but troye can make his own decisions."

she huffed again, crossing her arms once more. "i wanted to meet carson, not you."

jacob rolled his eyes. "well, i sure as hell don't want to meet him."

sage smacked his arm with her stuffed animal. "no swearing! but why not?"

jacob stayed silent for a moment or two. "i dunno... i don't want troye going out with people, i guess."

"you like tro?"

"yes, but not like that."

"liar!"

"i am not!"

sage giggled. "no wonder troye likes you, you're funny."

jacob gave her a weak smile. "let's just watch tv or something."