Survival Love

I remember like it was yesterday when me and Jack were going through the flower field holding hands. We just came out of school. I'm Lily I'm just 5 years old. Me and Jack met when we were little. Our mothers have been bestfriends since middle school. They had a plan to get pregnant at the same time and so they did and out came out Jack then me. We have been friends since and our mothers are still besties. Me and him walk every time we get out of school, we hold hands so we won't get lost.

"Lily you want to play hide and go seek?" Jack asked me as we got home.

"Yes! Then we have to play Barbies." I said proudly.

"Ew no."

"Then we can't play Hide and go seek."

"Fine, but only if you let me play with my action figures."

"Deal."

    Me and him had the same fights every time. He was totally my bestfriend! We did everything together; our birthdays, eating, waking up to go to school, doing homework, even going to the bathroom together. By the time we were 7; his mother had to go back to California because his father died in battle. The day they told us we both ran away into our hiding spot. We had a little tree house in the woods that nobody knew about.

"Nobody will find us here." Jack said sleepy.

"Yeah nobody." I also said sleepy too.

"Here lets build a fire because its getting really cold."

"Yeah you should."

We grabbed a blanket and both hugged each other to keep our selves warm.

"I will always protect you." He said while hugging me.

"And I will always be there with you." I frowned.

   In the morning we heard our names being called. We wake up scared.

"Lily! Jack! We found you." Our moms said greatly.

"Don't ever do that to us." Jack's mom said coldly.

"We are sorry we won't do it anymore." We hugged each other.

"Jack, honey, lets go. Aunt Jenny is waiting for us in the airport." Jack's mom said calmly.

"No, I don't want to leave Lily here." He started to cry.

"Baby, we will come back, we are just going to see your daddy one more time before... he is gone forever."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, don't worry."

We went back home and we said our goodbyes.

"Here, so you can remember me." Jack gave me a ring.

"Hey! I have the same one for you!" I handed him the same ring. They both had a royal blue

diamond in the middle, our favorite color.

"I'll miss you!" I hug him.

"I'll miss you too." He hugs me.

We both knew that he wasn't coming back. We just pretended.

   It's been really lonely without him. I had no friends because they weren't like him, I felt lonely with out him, went home with no one to play with or to go the bathroom with. I had never been aware how scared I was of bathrooms.