Oh Hell No

RILEY'S POV

Anger ran through my blood. Little miss perfect? I surely do not get everything I want, right? "Riley?" I moved over giving Lucas space to sit on the bay window. "Maya told me."

"Already?" I looked at him confused, "I ran into her." I nodded. "So, are you okay? What exactly happened?" He looked at me, he was genuinely concerned. "I found out that you slept over at her house after the party-" He cut me off. "We didn't like actually sleep together through."

"Anyways, I got really mad and compared us to the three main characters in 'One Tree Hill' Lucas, Peyton, and Brooke. Me being Brooke, and you should get the rest. And then she said 'that time' and I got even more mad because that meant more than once. And we will get back to that just to let you know. But I told her that she knew I liked you and then she snapped at me and said something like how she feels. And the she called me miss perfect who gets everything she wants. And then said, Lucas ends up with Peyton."

I took a deep breath, not realizing I was crying until Lucas wiped away my tears. He sighed and I knew exactly what it meant. "I know, you don't know who to side with."

"Well, no, thats not exactly true. Have you ever thought about from Maya's point of view. She could just be jealous of your life, you have both parents and a brother, and she doesn't have any of that. So maybe when I came along she finally had someone, and the you told her you liked me and she was thrown a little bit." He said as calmly as possible. I wanted to argue and yell back but part of me knew he was right.

"So maybe I have more than her thats not my fault. I can't believe you're siding with her." I looked at him, he seemed to be unaffected. "I'm not-"

"Tell me everything you did with Maya when I wasn't there." Now I had his attention. "What? No, I'm not doing that." He got real defensive, real quick. "It worked with Nathan and Haley-"

"Actually, It didn't." I stared at him, confused on how he would possibly know that. "My sister was like ten years older than me, but I knew her favorite TV show so I watched it. Anyway, all it did was make her mad. So I'm not writing you any list." I contained my smile, knowing I was supposed to be mad at him. "I should probably go." I smiled just enough for it to say 'goodbye'

MAYA'S POV

When I got home I saw mom. It was the first time in a few weeks. "I've got some great news honey!" She smiled and ran over to me, wrapping me in a hug. "I got the role in a TV show!" I smiled, knowing how exciting this is for her. "Its something called Girl Meets World!"

"Congrats mom! When do you start filming?" She rubbed my arm and sat on the couch. "Its in New York." I gave her a confused look. "Mom, we live in New York." She gave me a nervous smile. "In Manhattan." I laughed. "Greenwich Village, where we live, is also in Manhattan." She didn't look as excited as I would have expected. "Maya, honey, we would have to move."

"Thats not funny." My smile moved into a frown. "The things is, they don't know how long the show will be on for." I stared at her in disbelief. "I can't move the year before I'm a senior! Can I just live by myself, I practically already do!" She seemed to actually be considering it. "Maya-"

"Mom please." I begged. "Okay, fine. But no boys and no parties!" I smiled and hugged her. "Got it, no fun. When do you leave?" I pulled away from the hug and followed her into the master bedroom. "As soon as possible, so I guess now." She sighed, but still smiled. "Well, I will miss you!"

I spent the next few hours helping her pack and then helping her with the bags into the taxi. Most people would have been sad. I guess I still was, even though not much was different. I walked back into my room, glancing at the window everyone liked to come through.

I sat on the edge of my bed and stared at the window, my eyes filling with water. My head filled with all the memories, dating back to my father leaving, to now my mother. I walked over to the stool and guitar I had placed in the corner. I grabbed the notebook from on top as I slouched to the ground.

I titled the blank notebook page 'Feels Like Loneliness' followed by notes of how the song will go. I strummed a few chords into my guitar, creating the melody. I flipped to the back pages of my notebook, where I keep explanations of the songs I write.

'Feels Like Loneliness is a tribute to all the people out there that have loved someone that left. Love can be amazing, but its hard and its painful. And sometimes it can feel empty.'

The car headlights outside flashed past my window, lighting up my room. I set down my notebook and guitar. I walked over, opening the curtains. I jumped back, surprised to see Lucas. "What the hell?" I backed away farther, giving him room to climb in. I walked to the side, sitting on my couch. "Please don't fall, I can't take you home and you're not sleeping here again."

"Maya, look I know you mad at me-" I became even angrier. "You left me standing there in the alley, and then your ran for Riley! Of course I'm mad." I stayed seated as he walked closer. "I'm mad at you, and Riley, and my mother-"

"Your mother?" His expression moved from calm to slightly aggressive. "She got a role on a TV show and moved to Manhattan." I saw the look in his eyes, pity. "This is why I wasn't going to tell anyone!" I stood up, moving to my closet. "Maya, I know you think everyone is just going to end up leaving you." I turned around, my sweatshirt in hand. "But I'm not like that."

"Really? Because yesterday at the movies you went with Riley. Where did you go after you left me in the alley? To Riley!" I threw the sweatshirt on the couch, forgetting why I needed it. "So I can't be friends with her?"

"Why are you making this so difficult! Were fighting like an old married couple!" I yelled back, I hope the neighbors don't hear this. "What do you want from me!"

"Thats what an old man would say!" I yelled trying to cover my laughter. I playfully sighed and put my hands over my face. I sat on the edge of the bed and leaned back, my hair flopping over the blankets. "What are we doing?" I laughed, feeling the mattress sink next to me. "I guess Riley just got to my head." He lied down next to me. "You too?" I laughed again, pulling my leg up towards me.

"We have to do something about this "triangle" Its really fucking annoying." I sighed, making air quotes around 'triange'. "I don't exactly know how to pick, I like both of you. When I'm with you we are either arguing, kissing, or messing around to the point where we start kissing. When I'm with Riley our conversations get so deep and meaningful." I turned my head to look at him. "Are our conversations not meaningful?" I messed with him. "This is a pretty one sided triangle though. I think Riley was right."

"Triangles have three sides." He mumbled. I hit him half in the arm and half on his chest, because of the odd angle. "But don't you agree, I mean Riley has no fighting-" My words were interrupted by his lips on mine. I twisted slightly, making it easier on both of us.

(a/n) This new book I'm writing is so amazing so far I can't wait for y'all to read it!!
Instagram > Sabrinas_mirage