$293

-Two weeks later-

Nothing changed. All I did was think. Riley was still mad at me, Lucas wouldn't talk, and Farkle was on his yacht somewhere. My mom was out there acting as a dead beat mother to this character Sabrina, and my father is god knows where. I was completely out of people.

I laid on my bed in darkness, the sun slowly setting. My phone rest on my stomach, until I felt it buzz.

Lucas: What kind of friends are you?
Riley: Hi Lucas!
Maya: What the hell, did you put me in a group chat?
Lucas: Yes, now both of you need to fix this problem.
Maya: How much is a one way plane ticket to Texas?
Riley: Maya...
Lucas: No It's okay Riley, I'm unaffected by Mayas jokes.
Maya: Riley if you want to talk, do it face to face, this is ridiculous.

I slammed my phone on the mattress next to me, causing my phone to fly back up. Part of me was relieved she would talk to me in a group chat, but it still felt wrong.

I fell asleep sometime throughout the night. At some point thoughts over rule everything else in life. I woke up to a slight knocking at the window, then followed by loud bangs.

"Maya! I can see you!" I groaned and pushed the covers back. "I've never had a stalker before." I opened the window and stepped back, allowing her to come in. She tried to hide her smile, but I can read her like a book. "Look, Riley I'm sorry. Its just you got so defensive so quick."

"But I can't act like theres nothing between you two. Clearly there is." She sat down on the couch across from me. "I saw the way he chased after you Riley, Its not just me he likes." I walked over to the vanity stashed away in the closet, pulling out a hair tie. "Maya. I know you care about me, please just don't hide your feelings then use me as an excuse." I swung my hair into a pony tail, brushing back the fly aways with my hands. "I know you like him, do something about it." Riley crawled out the window, leaving as fast as she came.

RILEY'S POV

Riley: Meet me at Topangas?
Lucas: Sure

I stood at the counter talking with one of the college students we hired. She told me she had been in a love triangle once too. I tried to ask her how she solved it, she just laughed and gestured to the door as Lucas walked in.

"Did you need something?" He asked, sitting on the cushion near the door. "You sound so formal." I laughed but moved on to what was really at stake. "Lucas, I know you have feelings for Maya." His eyes turned soft and he opened his mouth to speak. I raised my finger and continued talking. "Don't use me as an excuse to hide your true feelings."

"Can we take this outside?" He turned to the side slightly, as I nodded. I followed him out the door into the summer heat. "I like Maya." I made a sarcastic surprised face to cover the anger. What confused me the most, was that I knew they liked each other, I was just in the way.

"And I like you too." I rolled my eyes. "I think I chose a while ago, I just never accepted it."

"But you didn't choose Lucas! I backed away because I'm so sick of your shit!" He looked horrified and regretful at the same time. "Just tell me." I glared at him. "Did you ever have feelings for me?"

I stared in disbelief as he stuttered, trying to find the words that would hurt me the least. I ran up the stairs, heading to god knows where. It took everything out of me not to yell and scream.

MAYA'S POV

I walked into Farkles bedroom, dropping my purse onto the ground. I fell backwards onto his freshly made bed and made an over exaggerated sigh. After seconds of no remark I lifted up my head, watching him glued to his video game across the room. I crawled up the bed and grabbed a decorative pillow, and threw it at his head. "Hey!" He turned around as I crossed my legs and smiled.

I made a pretend pouty face to get his attention. "I have a problem." Farkle set down the controller and turned off the TV, he took small steps towards me. "Yes, Maya?" He stopped when he reached the end of the bad.

"Riley told me not to use her as an excuse to hide my feelings. How do I tell her thats not why? I mean, Lucas couldn't choose between us, shouldn't that prove how he feels about me?" Farkle took a deep breath in and sat on the edge of the bed, making his thinking face. "Honestly, without thinking about Riley or any of the other factors, how does Lucas make you feel?"

"Damn Farkle, what are you a marriage counselor?" He smiled but kept his mind set. "Answer the question." I smiled and closed my eyes, thinking about all the time we spent together. "Remember when you found out Lucas slept at my house." He nodded. "There was one other time, Lucas came to tell me he was still going on his date with Riley, but he fell on his ankle and it was too late for me to drive him home. He told me what was feeling was new and he didn't know who he liked. But Lucas pulled me towards him, and I felt safe. Like the night he saved me," Farkle watched my expression. "Saved you?"

"I was almost raped at my party last month." I said hesitantly. My eyes watered thinking of the experience. "Maya." He walked around the corner and sat next to me, throwing an arm around my shoulder. "But Lucas jumped in and kind of punched the guy before it went anywhere. After he stayed the night with me, and I felt safe. When I'm around him I can't breathe, and when I'm not with him I want to be. I'm just so in love with him, but thats crazy right, were in high school." I turned to look at Farkle.

"Did you ever question if he likes you too?" He pulled his arm back and shifted to sit in front of me. "Everyday. Thats the problem, how can I love him if I don't trust him?" My cheeks were red and my eyes hurt from holding back tears. "Fate brings people together, but feelings? Thats what keeps them together. Remember that, and you'll be okay." I sniffled and ran my hands along my cheeks.

"Your the best friend ever Farkle, you know that?" He made a shocked face and put his hand over his heart. "What are you doing?" I laughed as he pretended to be gasping for air. "Dying in the friendzone." He fell backwards as he spoke. I got up and kissed him on the cheek just before I left.

(a/n) I'm happy so heres an update two days early
If any of you watch Riverdale oh my god tell me what you think so far.