45

"What the 'ell do you think you're gonna do?" Davy challenged, slowly standing from Micky's trembling body.

Peter's eyes flicked to his friend and that's when Micky noticed them. He gasped.

Peter was in handcuffs.

"Nothing," he said quietly, "it's what they're going to do."

Davy's eyes widened as three officers stepped into the room, but he didn't even try to fight. One snatched Davy away in handcuffs while another inspected Michael's body on the floor.

"Call an ambulance!" the officer called up to the third man. "He's still breathing, but he's hurt bad!"

Officer #3 hurried into the hallway to find a phone. Micky felt faint as the officer inspecting Michael stood up and slowly approached him.

"Are you all right, son? Did he hurt you?"

"I...I-I don't—"

"Tork turned himself in," the officer said, "he told us what Jones did to you. That sick fuck will be locked away a long time, believe me."

"Will Mike—"

"Your friend will be fine with proper medical attention. It's you I'm worried about."

Tears flooded Micky's eyes. The officer's expression became distorted as his vision blurred. He felt...funny...

"Somebody call help!" the officer screamed, seemingly out of nowhere. Micky felt like he was being shoved headfirst underwater as his senses dulled. "We're losing him!"

Micky's body fell to the floor.

I'm such an asshole to Micky in these stories, but now I feel bad after being hugged by him 😂😭 he's so sweet irl

PSA: he smells like forest leaves and pine needles. Can confirm.