60

Two arms, one bandaged, one normal, wrapped themselves around Michael. Soft curls tickled the back of Michael's neck as Micky rested his head on Michael's shoulder.

No words were spoken. Michael refused to look at Micky as he cried and soon enough, Micky joined him. Michael took a shuddering breath and finally looked up, reaching behind him to cup Micky's cheek. He slowly turned so they faced each other.

"I'm sorry," Micky choked. "I d-didn't know—"

"There's no way you could've—"

Micky had tears in his eyes. "If I hadn't gone home that day..."

"No," Michael snapped. "Don't blame yourself for what happened. If anything—"

Micky covered Michael's mouth with his hand.

"It's not your fault either," Micky whispered.

Michael bowed his head and closed his eyes as Micky leaned forward, softly pressing his lips to Michael's. Michael tensed, his entire body stiffening at the thought of hurting Micky, but Micky wrapped his arms around Michael's neck. He laid back, slowly pulling Michael on top of him.

Michael's eyes opened and he looked down at Micky underneath him. Micky had one arm around Michael's neck and broke the kiss as he caressed Michael's cheek with the other.

"Mick," Michael breathed. He held Micky close, leaning in to kiss Micky again, this kiss just as soft and gentle as the first. He wiped a limp curl out of Micky's face.

"I don't hate you, Michael." Micky stared up at him with soft eyes. "You never hurt me. It's not your fault."

"But why?" Michael whispered.

"Because..." Micky lifted his hand, tangling his fingers in raven hair, twirling a strand around his finger. "I love you too."