Chapter 8

Disclaimer: yes, I know. Every chapter! Well, I don't own Divergent-I made up Cathy and the storyline and some other characters too. The rest belongs to the awesome writer: Veronica Roth

Peter's P.O.V.

After school, I asked Cathy if she could come over. Because it's Monday, dad is at work and mum goes with my sisters to their drama group. I have no idea why they do it but it gives me free time so I'm not complaining.

She says yes, but she has to tell her parents first. And she's forgotten to take her peace serum too.

"Why take it at all Cathy? The rest of us manage without it just fine. Everyday."

She sighs, "I guess..."

"We should go." I say and we catch the bus to the a Candor Compound.

I smile as we walk through the door of my home. Cathy looks around at the black and white furniture as she usually does. I'm feeling slightly excited, but I have no idea why...

"I'll make dinner." I tell her.

She nods, "Thanks."

"No problem." I grin and head to the kitchen. I search the fridge for anything that I could serve Cathy, and end up with some chicken, mashed potatoes and peas. Not the most impressive meal.

Cathy sits down and I give her the dinner.

"It's great!" She says when she tries it.

I feel my cheeks become hotter, "Thanks."

She smiles at me. Her smile is beautiful. Everything about her is beautiful. I've thought it for years, but what would she say? Sorry, I'm getting a little off track.

After that we eat dinner in silence. I insist on clearing up instead of Cathy. She watches me as I finish off.

"Want to go to the park?" She asks, surprising me.

I nod, "Yeah."

"I like it in the summer, it's like the sun decides to be kind. But in the winter, it grows tired, and old, and hates living..."

"A new sun every spring." I finish, smiling.

She nods, thoughtfully, "So; you want to go now or stay here for a bit first?"

"Let's go now, I guess."

We leave then and there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: hello people!

Sorry this was a really late update... :(

I'm sorry, but I know that it's got 67 reads(!) but only three votes and one comment from Golden_Heart_0808. I'm not going post the next update till there's 3 comments from DIFFERENT people and at least 15 votes for the book. :)

Thx and don't forget to recommend, vote and comment!

****************************************************************************************************************

^scratch that.

There's seven reads for this chapter (including me). I'm gonna get this story finished for those six people interested.

So if you read this then thank you sooooooo much! I can't thank you enough.

Morgana334