Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I'm running out of ways to say this but I DO NOT OWN DIVERGENT ONLY CATHY AND LIL AND LUCE AND PETERS FAMILY AND PERHAPS A FEW OTHERS AS TIME GOES ON ;)

Peter's P.O.V.

By the time I've finally reached school, everyone's in assembly. I pack my bag then sit down to read a book. It's called 'Harry Potter' and extremely old. Lots of people at school like it though, apart from the Erudite. They think it 'illogical and it's never going to happen so why read it?' I wish they'd stop saying stuff like that. Why shouldn't THEY read it?

Anyway, by the time everyone's back I've finished four chapters. I read fast. Cathy smiles at me as she walks in. Her hair is a rich brown and eyes are a misty grey with a hint of blue. They're mesmerising really. Just the perfect shade. It sets her apart from others in Amity. They all have dull brown eyes, but hers are different. I smile back before grabbing my bags and heading for Maths.

I want to turn my head to look at her again before I go into class. I decide against it. Why the sudden urge? I'll see her in History, after break. Not too long is it?

As usual, Miss Jackworth goes on about x and y and how to sort out complex equations. I like maths - it's one of my favourites.

A sheet of paper is set face down on my desk. Miss Jackworth smiles at me as she continues to place other sheets on other people's desks. She has a strange way of handing out work: she places random sheets on everyone's desks. The names on them are written in Invisible Ink so that only Miss Jackworth knows whose sheet is whose. Then we mark it, leave a comment, and hand it back in. Then we chat for a bit whilst she looks through the comments and makes alterations where necessary. Then they get handed back out to the right person.

I turn over the sheet and look at the typed numbers. Miss Jackworth's writing up answers on the board but I can already tell it's all right. Must be an Erudite's.

I can't wait for this class to end. It's a triple, until break. When Miss Jackworth is looking through the sheets I chat to John. I ask him about the weekend politely but wave him off when he returns the question. I can't let anyone know.

Suddenly a desk falls to the floor and a Dauntless guy, called Uriah I think, is tipped off his chair by a second Dauntless, Lynn. He's sprawled on the floor laughing his head off. Miss Jackworth, however, is not. She looks up, "I expect to see you after the lesson, Uriah. You too Lynn. And Marlene you will as well if you don't stop eating that muffin underneath the table." She returns to her marking, leaving Marlene, also from Dauntless, looking genuinely shocked. I have to cover my mouth to refrain myself from laughing.

After Maths I return to my classroom. On the way I bump into an Abnegation from two years above, "Sorry." He mutters before stepping aside to let me pass. He seems slightly more aggressive in the way he speaks than most Abnegation, almost unnatural. His Test is tomorrow, I wonder how he's feeling.

I switch books and head for History straight away, hoping to find Cathy. Mrs Chanebear is here already. I sit in my seat and look at the door patiently, waiting for one person in particular.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Chapter dedicated to @Golden_heart_0808 for being the first to comment on this story :)

Sorry for the slow bits, I'm going to try and make something happen in the next chapter and also update more frequently.

Thanks to all who have voted! Don't forget to vote and comment!