My Life

What a beautiful morning I woke up to, not knowing what will happen later on. The water lilies bloom in such various colors and the morning dew clings onto the grass. The air smells like the plums hanging from the tree above me and their little flowers lay beneath my feet. The little birds make they're nests in the crooks of the tree. Spring came strangely early this year. It is only January.

My life here is so beautiful. I may not be the most popular and friendly person you will ever meet, but can almost guarantee you I would be one of the happiest. In my small circle of friends I am still blessed. My best friend who is my brother, my childhood friend Alana, my family and a few more people is all I need to get by.

I am not your typical princess. I wouldn't even call myself that, maybe I would rather call myself a royal. For a fact I am a loner. Not only because of my bad social skills but also because of my habits. I love to observe my surroundings, especially other people. I watch them interact and how they react. The simple answer to why I do this is because I love to learn. Many people in my kingdom are not fortunate enough to get a good education. Since I have that liberty I will take it and use it. I look around me, the place is so enchanting. Even though I was a bit frostbitten and chilled, I still enjoyed it. A voice sounds behind me as I admire the beauty of the plants.

" Princess Kalia? Sorry to bother you but your father is calling for breakfast." says one of my servants named Hino.

"Thank you." I say breathlessly as I hurry to our dining room not wanting to be late. When I enter I bow to my mother and father then I hurry to my seat.

"Good Morning Kalia." my father says.

"Good Morning Father and Mother"

Our servers brought in a bountiful breakfast consisting of chicken broth; shrimp in a wonderful creamy sauce, fresh melons and strawberries with steaming hot tea. The chicken broth was almost boiling and it warmed my stomach quickly after staying outside in the cool morning. The shrimp was delicious with the mild garlic taste in the sauce and the sweetness of the shrimp. The melons and strawberries went wonderfully together and they both were very fresh. The tea tasted like roses my favorite flower. Roses are like people some can be delicate and soft but some can be hard and unforgiving like the thorns that prick your skin.

While I sipped my tea quietly, I heard my mother and father conversing softly.

"Nikala, I went to the infirmary this morning. The doctors," he sounded in pain. I didn't know that my father was having health problems. I continued listening. "They said that my heart problems have worsened. Any shock might make it give out."

The look on my mothers face was absolute terror. I knew she loved him dearly. The whole kingdom did. If he were to pass, the country will go silent in grief. I couldn't bear the thought of losing him. He was one of biggest role models in my life.

"Do not fret, I'm sure I will get better." my father said as he cradled my mothers face in his hand. The sight of the two made me smile.

"Today we must go to the village center, we have to announce the start of the harvest festival!" says father happily as he stood up from his seat. All the pain was erased from his voice.

I absolutely love the harvest festival, it is the most joyous time of the year. I love seeing our people's happiness. Who knows what amazing dances will the villager's do? Suddenly, my brother Akai came in, late as usual.

Sorry for the really short chapter. PLEASE FAN, VOTE, LIKE OR COMMENT :) Thanks