Chapter Seven💐

Picture of what she's wearing
_______________________________________
Riley's pov
It's been a day without Alex & I miss her so much. Tomorrow it's going to be her 13th birthday & the first one I'm going to miss. I've never missed her birthday, I feel like crying. We've always been this close & I don't want to change that. I don't want to lose her. I was laying down in my room that I have all to myself now. It's currently 1:00 in the morning, all of the kids are asleep. Yesterday Ms.Kennedy told us that someone was looking to adopt. I'm not looking forward to this, it was just supposed to be a regular day. Nothing special until our plans got messed up. I haven't been able to stop thinking about "this person or maybe even people" is it a boy or a girl? How many are there? What do they look like? Why do they want to adopt? How old are they? At around 3:00 I finally fell asleep the last thing on my mind was how's Alex.

I woke up & got the shower ready.  I grabbed my clothes & Ipod touch turning on Spotify. I got in the shower & started on my hair. I got done showering & turned it off getting dressed quickly.  I started walking the the halls waking up the kids. After getting ready all of the kids walked down the stairs with a groan making me chuckle.  "Good Morning kiddos" Ms. Kennedy said just finished setting the table for breakfast. "Good Morning Ms. K" the kids tiredly smiled replying to her. She smiled at them, going back to putting the food on the plates. I walked over to her & gave her a hug.  "Good Morning Ms. Kennedy" I said, putting my apron on. "Good Morning Riley" she said hugging me back with a smile. "Here Ms.Kennedy I got this, go sit down" I said offering to help her out.  "Oh no Riley, you don't have to" she said,trying to take two plates out of my hands.  "I got it, I'll bring you your food too" I insisted with a smile.  She went over & made her some coffee going over to sit down. After everyone was served Ms. Kennedy told us to get ready for our guest. I was cleaning the dishes when there was a knock on the door. "Riley can you get the door please" Ms. Kennedy yelled down. "I got it" I yelled back. I opened the door to see two young looking guys. "Hi, how you doing? I'm Pj & this is Chris" the guy that was closer to me said. "Umm, I'm doing good I guess & I'm Riley" I introduced awkwardly letting them in. The "Chris guy" was about to say something when all of the kids started walking down. "Ah there you two are" Ms.Kennedy said walking over.  I looked over at her confused until it hit. They're the people wanting to adopt duh, why else would they be here? "You must be Ms. Kennedy, it's lovely to meet you I'm Chris & this is Pj" Chris said shaking her hand. "Indeed I am & it's lovely to meet you too" she said smiling at them. After a while no one was talking so I left to finish the last bit of dishes. I took my Ipod out of my boot & plugged in my earbuds. They were all finished & Ms. Kennedy was still in her office. I sat down on a chair watching the girls. The kids got bored waiting for them. I felt two tugs on my arm & looked down to see the three year old twins Lily & Lola. "I've got an idea" Lily told me. "Well, what's your idea sweetie?" I asked pulling them onto my lap. She whispered in my ear what she was thinking.  "I don't know, I'm not really dressed for it" I told them laughing lightly. "Please Ri Ri?" They asked giving me their puppy dog eyes. Ugh, they know I can't say no to that face. Resist the face DO NOT look in their eyes Riley.  "Stop that" I said poking them, making them laugh. "Pweaseeee? " They said dragging it out giving me yet another puppy dog face. "Ugh, fine" I said taking out my Ipod. I played a fast upbeat song & started dancing to it. I played another song & after the two songs were done I was breathing heavily. I didn't even notice that the office door was open or the two guys & Ms. Kennedy watching me. I took a drink of my water when I heard clapping from behind me making me choke. "That was really good!" Pj said complimenting me, Chris agreeing.  "Thank you" I said hiding my face blushing. Ms. Kennedy turned to me & said "Go get your bags Riley these two want to adopt you." I looked at her flabbergasted my eyes getting blurry. I ran over to her hugging the living daylights out of her. "I'm going to miss you,  I'm going to try & visit" I said tears already flowing down my cheeks. She rubbed my back comforting me I looked up & saw she was teary eyed. "I'm going to miss you too Riley, go pack your bags please" she said smiling, trying not to cry. I went up & packed my bags. An hour later I was just laying down staring up at the ceiling. I'm actually getting adopted? I'm losing everything in my life.. my best friend, Ms. Kennedy, & the lovely kids here but, in a way I'm gaining? Let's see how this goes. I was walking downstairs with my bag  & met Chris in the hallway. "Hey, pumpkin you ready?" He asked. "Yeah" I said looking down. We walked down in silence & I said goodbye to everyone. 

Do you like this story so far? Comment, vote or share this story with your friends.

Have a lovely day!