Chapter 8-A New Pal!

THIRD PERSON POV

Ash was currently resting at the Pokecenter after sustaining severe injuries from the "battle" he had. Well, the pain was strong enough to put him in a coma. Not sure why. Erm. Either way, he had been in a coma for a week now and his friends were getting worried. They asked Nurse Joy several times, only to get a plain answer like, "He'll wake up soon" or "He'll be just fine". Still not satisfied, they decided to visit Ash whenever they could. Brock, for once, stopped flirting and started to take care of Ash. Now that Serena had a chance to look at Ash closely, she realized that he hasn't changed much. He still had the same auburn brown eyes which still gave off warmth and kindness and had the same messy raven-black hair. She remembered how she would be blushing when she saw Ash training with his pokemon, while his hair was swaying in the wind lightly when they were still travelling. 'Good times....' Serena thought.

ASH'S POV
All I could remember was being hit pretty badly. I can't remember how though.....all I know is that Greninja was being attacked and then......UGH I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER! I tried opening my eyes but uh....that didn't turn out well. Suddenly, I heard a voice talking. "Ash..........." I could feel my hair being messed with, but I didn't know who did it. "Please....wake up soon. For me. For us. For.......Greninja..." AH! Serena was speaking. I just wanted to comfort her but I couldn't. It's like my body wouldn't listen to me. "Greninja's been blaming himself for what happened to you. Please wake up and tell him that everything's okay......" She said once more. Her voice was wavering and I can't help but assume that she was crying. I was right. Soft sobs could be heard. She stopped messing with my hair and told me that she would be back tomorrow as visiting hours were over. I just wanted her to stay, but she couldn't. Ugh.....visiting hours. Who came up with that? Either way, I longed to see my pokemon and friends' bright and happy faces when they smile. I didn't want them to be so down.

THIRD PERSON POV
After about 3 more days, Ash's friends were visiting him, like they always did for the past few days. But this time, they were overjoyed. Ash had apparently woken up while they weren't around. He waved at them and flashed him his signature toothy grin, one he hadn't did for years. His friends rushed into his room and hugged him. "C-a........n't......." Before Ash could finish, he was coughing due to the lack of oxygen and his friends finally stopped crushing him. Sure, it was sweet and all, but crushing Ash's lungs weren't exactly....the idea of sweet. Nonetheless, Ash healed really fast and his friends acknowledged that he had crazy healing skills. After 2 days, he was finally discharged and they could continue....wandering around Hoenn. Yes, the conference was held at Hoenn, sorry for not telling you guys. Suddenly, a girl at around 10....I guess, approached Ash and challenged him to a battle. Ash's friends tried explaining to her but she pouted and looked at Ash with puppy-like eyes. She added on that her name was Angellique but they could call her Angel, just in case they were curious. Ash, who couldn't resist a good battle, decided to accept it, even though he wasn't fully recovered. "This will be a 3v3 battle! Trainers, please send out your pokemon!" Clemont said. He was the referee for this match so......it's normal for him to say that, right? Ash sent out his Serperior while Angel sent out Lapras. "Lapras, use Ice Beam!" Angel said. Lapras shot the beam the moment the command was given, giving a good first impression to Ash and his friends. "Dodge." Ash said calmly. The girl may have been reslly close to her pokemon but she was very straightforward with her command. Maybe that's her battling style. Who knows? Ash then told Serperior to use Leaf Storm. The Leaf Storm was super effective on Lapras. 'One more hit and I think that Lapras will go down!' Ash thought to himself. "Lapras, use Ice Beam on the ground!"
"Coil yourself around Lapras and use Solar Beam!" Both Pokemon did as they were told. The ice battlefield slowed Serperior down just by a bit but it was able to do what Ash commanded it to. Since it was really sunny, the move Solar Beam hit Lapras since it had nowhere to dodge to as it was being restrained by Serperior. It knocked Lapras out instantly. "Thanks Lapras!" The girl said. She had an uplifting aura around her and she liked making people laugh. She smiled as she chose her next pokemon. "Lucario, I choose you!" She threw a Pokeball out into the battlefield. A red beam shot out and a Lucario was revealed. 'Huh...' Ash thought to himself as he spotted a key stone on Angel's necklace. Her necklace had small pendants on it but the one "pendant" that stood out was the key stone in the middle of the silver necklace. Lucario was wearing another necklace that had its mega stone on it. Ash got himself ready since he knew it wouldn't be an easy battle. As if on cue, Angel placed her fingers on her key stone, unhooked it from the necklace, and placed her fingers gently on it while it was close to Lucario. "LET'S DO OUR VERY BEST!" She exclaimed as Lucario was surrounded in a bright light. Lucario's look changed. It was now in its mega evolved form. Ash looked on in amazement before focusing on the battle again. "Double Team, Serperior!" "Lucario, Bone Rush!" Bone Rush hit all the copies of Serperior but once they were all gone, Serperior was nowhere to be found. Angel thought about it, before remembering that she heard the command 'Dig' while she was distracted on focusing on who was the real one. She facepalmed mentally and told Lucario to be careful. Lucario nodded as he looked below him. 'Aura wouldn't work, Lucario!' Ash thought as he laughed in his head. Serperior shot out of the ground and hit Lucario with Iron Tail. It wasn't very effective so Lucario barely took any damage. "Lucario, Power-up Punch!" The punch hit Serperior dead on and after the dust cleared itself, Serperior was on the ground, unconcious. "Thanks for the help Serperior." Ash said as he recalled his pokemon. "All right Goodra, I choose you!" A red beam shot out and Goodra was there, smiling. It had been a long time since it had a battle and it was excited to finally have another one. "Lucario, Aura Sphere, let's go!" "Goodra, Bide!"
Aura Sphere hit Goodra but Goodra was stilling standing. "Lucario....HIGH JUMP KICK!" It hit Goodra, but Goodra was still standing. Goodra unleashed its Bide, which was strong enough to OHKO Lucario. Lucario fell to the ground and changed back to its original form. "Thanks, Lucario!" "Espeon, I choose you!" The figure came out of its pokeball, sparkling. It was a shiny Espeon! Its green coloured body was standing out in the whole arena. Ash stared at it, amazed by its beauty! "Espeon, Moonblast!" "Goodra, Rain Dance!" Rain Dance activated before Moonblast hit Goodra. Sadly, Goodra got knocked after that hit. It was now a tie, with both sides only having one pokemon left! "Greninja, I choose you!" Greninja was sent out, as it readied itself by getting into its battle stance. Angel stared on but then quickly ordered Espeon to use Moonblast. Greninja dodged the attack. Ash could feel him synchronizing with Greninja. Well, to have a fun battle, he unleashed his power. "LET'S GO GRENINJA!" He said, as he punched upwards towards the sky. Greninja imitated him as he got surrounded by a veil of water. Soon after the transformation, Greninja used Water Shuriken on Espeon. Espeon was still standing as it fired another Moonblast. Greninja dodged it again, and followed it up with another Water Shuriken. The Water Shuriken was slightly larger than the normal ones Greninja normally threw. It hit Espeon and it resulted in a knock-out. After Espeon got knocked out, Ash was walking up to her as he offered a handshake. She gladly accepted. She and Ash exchanged contact details as they walked off, hoping to rematch each other some day.

YAY! DONE! I'M TIRED NOW AND I'M SCREWED FOR MY EXAMS. YAY. EITHER WAY, I DIDN'T DESCRIBE HOW ANGEL LOOKED SO HERE GOES!

Angel- Has brown wavy hair, that reaches her waist. Has green eyes. (In coutesy of Espeon.) Was wearing a light grey dress with a pastel blue jacket. She was wearing a pair of green and white sneakers. Her outfit stood out well and you can see her literally anywhere.

1400+ words for the actual story.
At the end, (plus A/N and summary)
1510 words.