Chapter 1

Tori's POV

I walked into the institution for work that morning, looking around the unusually calm place. I walked to check in, signing myself in and walking to the elevator, pushing the button of the floor that I work on.

Once I get on the floor, I walked towards my boss, Cheryl.

"Morning Cheryl!" I called out to her, ready to know which patient I was going to be working with today, I normally worked with different patients; the ones needing friends and someone to talk too.

"Morning Tori!" She called back to me, waving me over to her. I walked over to her tying my red velvet hair back into a high ponytail.

"I want you to work with the patient in room 391 today." Cheryl told me.

I looked at her with a shocked face, the patient in 391 was a difficult one, no one could reach him, friendship wise. There was no way I would be able to complete this task.

Cheryl waved me off and I went to the mysterious room, I punched in the code to get the patients room and I slowly opened the door. I peered inside and observed the tiny room: a cot, one pillow, a side drawer, a chair, no windows; simple but dreadfully lonely.

I observed the room in bigger detail, noticing a delinquent laying down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He looks over at me when I walk in, his eyes immediately make me uncomfortable. I sit down on the chair, the one across from his bed, folding my ankles back in the chair. The strange man continued to look at me, I couldn't quite put my finger on where exactly I had met him before, but I knew he looked familiar, from outside the institution.

"Hi." I curtly said to him, the nervousness in my voice clear.

"Hey." he responded back just as brief as I had.

"I'm Tori." I said simply, starting to relax, but his gaze tensing me up even more.

"Liam" he said back, his eyes searching my face, I wasn't sure what yet. He holds a very strong gaze as I noticed, I looked at him for a moment, then quickly looked away, I started rambling on and on about what it's like to be stuck in an institution like this and telling him my normal spiel of what is required of me to say.

Liam's POV

I noticed someone punching in the code to my room on the door, walking in shortly after, this always happened, most of the people who work here are scared of me, scared of what I did that put me in here. I looked over at the person entering my room, I'd never seen this girl here before, she must be new. They always send the new ones after me. I sit up and look at her, taking in every detail of her, in case if I scared her away. She wouldn't come back if I scared her, she would claim I was too difficult too work with, and I would never see her again, her words flowed through my brain, I zoned out half of it, only catching "I know this isn't right, you must feel so alone...I can only imagine" and I zoned out through the rest, looking at her lips move back and forth. She had make up around her eyes, making her green eyes even more intriguing, they held sympathy; for me I'm assuming. She also looked scared. Her posture gave her away completely. She didn't know what to say, she just rambled on and on about who knows what, she must've noticed I stopped paying attention, she stopped talking and looked at me.

"I remember you." she tells me softly.

"From where?" I ask simply, still staring at her emerald eyes.

"From the 8th grade, we were in math together." Tori tells me, at least I think that's her name. So that's why she looks so familiar, she was in my class right before... Well right before I was sent here. She stares at me for a moment before getting up.

"I'll be back tomorrow." she says in a hurry, right before leaving and locking the door.

I feel a pang of guilt rush through my body, my chest tightening at the sound of the door locking. I've hated being left alone, I've hated not being wanted. Hate being labeled as a "Psycho"

I wanted to leave this place, I'vs wanted to leave for five years, right before my stepdad left me here to rot, he said he was coming back, he even promised he would visit. But he never came back.

I could never trust anyone after that.