02

So, what are you all thinking for this story?

You still haven't written anything?

Hehe...Yeah. I need ideas. It's always too loud for me to think.

Well, of course it's loud with Sue around.

Three!

What? I'm just stating facts.

That's great and all, but could we maybe keep on track? I still don't know what to write.

Ooh! Ooh! I know!

Write about a world where there's magic that makes the world end and then all the magic people can live in harmony but then they realize that they have problems too and then they have a war and the main protagonists name should be something cool like Oh! Falcon! But he could also not be the main character instead we could make like everyone in the story a main character wouldn't that be cool and yeah oh also make this one crazy girl like fall in love with him and kill him and--

...Stop.

Well, I get where you're coming from, One, but you do realize that is something we've done already?

I refer you to Veil, the six volume story we've been working on for a whole year and a half. Well, almost two years now.

Oh. Right.

What the--You're the one who came up with it!

...Well, whatever. Isn't writing fiction getting tiring? I mean it's great and all, making your own rules, but...Don't you think that, maybe it's time we write...something else?

What do you mean by something else? What else is there than fiction?

Well I mean obviously we can write something else. We're really cool.

...No we're not...

Coolness aside, we still have to come up with something. Something original. Something we HAVEN'T DONE BEFORE.

What haven't we done already? We really milk the fantasy genre of all it has. How are gonna come up with something...different?

I don't know. You never let me help in the decision making, anyway. Like when you fell for that--

That's because all of your ideas are so morbid! And...all of us fell for him. It wasn't just a few of us.

Well I certainly didn't.

ANYWAY. Boys aside, yes, it's true we don't rely on ideas from you much, Three. Care to bless us with your input?

(Did I use that word correctly?...)

Um, well. Um. Y-yeah. I mean, I am the one who takes over the writing most of the time.

Writing is MY talent.

Right. Yeah. Sorry. I just meant--

Sigh...and there we have it, folks. The reason we never let Three make decisions. Anyway, thanks for trying.

Hey! Stop sounding like Sue so much!

Huh? Sue?

You're being too hard on us. Just relax.

You sound like One all of a sudden.

But it's true! Recently you've been letting Sue take the main seat, and none of us like it. We all thought she had subsided a while back. What happened?

I...Just...A lot of things are going on, and...

I wish we could help us.

Of course you do. Goody two-shoes. But all of us do.

Especially since we all know what's really happening to us.

...How can we stop it?...I just want to be happy again.

...

Hey...Weren't you supposed to be writing?

Ah...yeah. Got any ideas, Two?

...What about us?

-Huh?
-What do you mean?
-Elaborate.

We could write about a girl with voices in her head.

But we're not voices.

Well, it doesn't matter. We can still write about it. After all, it happens in real life. It won't count as fiction if we're talking about us.

I don't know if I understand your point of view. But maybe we could give it a shot.

Why not? What do we call it?

How about something really simple?

Like?

I don't know...

I know what we can call it.

...Voices.