Chapter 27

Christina's POV

I was sitting down watching TV while Dan was of course still sleeping and Phil was in the shower. I felt my phone vibrate and picked it up. It was a text from James. I answered turning my attention away from the television.

"Hey babe," Dan said walking in tiredly and sitting next to me.

"Morning," I smiled setting my phone in my lap. "Sleep well?"

He nodded putting his arm around me.

My phone vibrated once again and I unlocked it quickly texting back. Dan glanced at my phone then got up.

"I'm gonna go get breakfast," he sighed no longer smiling.

"Umm,okay?" I said taken back at his sudden mood change.

He walked out and I heard him getting things out of the cabinet quite forcefully. I just shrugged looking back at my phone texting.

"Hey," Phil came in smiling his hair dried after his shower.

"Morning," I grinned half way paying attention to Phil and half to my phone.

"Who are you talking to?" he asked curiously.

"James," I smiled as we heard Dan slam a cabinet.

"I'm guessing Dan's up?" Phil said sarcastically.

I nodded sighing.

"Everything okay?" he asked sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, perfectly fine. He's just not in the greatest mood this morning, I guess." My phone buzzed once again. "Hey, can James come over today?"

"You sure that's the greatest idea?" he questioned.

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"I think you can figure that out," he said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I looked at him confused.

"Don't you think it's making Dan a little annoyed and jealous that you're spending all your time with a guy who's not him and quite possibly is interested in you?"

"You mean James? He's my best friend! I'm not interested in him nor is he interested in me," I retorted.

"Are you sure about that?"

"What are you talking about?"

"The way it looks is James would rather be more than a friend, and that's probably pissing your boyrfriend off considering your always with James," he reasoned.

"I'm sure James isn't in to me like that, but I guess you're right about somethings," I said a little guilty I hadn't spent to much time with Dan.

"Actually, I'm right about all of that," he stated. "But at least you got the main point."

I laughed, "Whatever you say."

Dan walked in with nothing in his hands so I was guessing he just ate his breakfast in the kitchen. He sat down on the edge of the couch as far away from me as possible.

I texted James back saying I couldn't hang out that day and when I looked up at Dan he looked away quickly rolling his eyes obviously annoyed.

I scooted closer. "Hey Dan?"

"Mhm?" he still didn't look at me.

"Want to go see a movie today?" I asked. "We haven't really done anything together lately."

"You sure you're not already busy with someone else?" he said somewhat rudely.

"No," I responded not wanting to be rude about it even though this was starting to piss me off.