Chapter 34

Christina's POV

"I wish you didn't have to go back," I said hugging Dan tightly.

"I don't want to go either," he said kissing my forehead then letting go slightly to kiss me on the lips.

I smiled at him and hugged him again then turned to Phil. "I'm going to miss you both," I said hugging him tightly as well.

"We'll try to visit again," he told me.

"Yeah, but it'll end up like last time. We'll both be really busy and when one of us is free the other won't be."

"We'll do our best," he replied letting go of me.

"I'll talk to you later. Call me when you get back," I told them.

They nodded and hugged me one last time.

I waved goodbye as they disappeared down the road then grabbed my backpack and started walking to school. I had begged my mom to let me go on my own which she surprisingly allowed. I walked up to the doors and sat down on the steps pulling out my phone. Only a few people were there until finally Lila showed up.

"Hey," she smiled.

"Hi," I said glumly glancing up at her from my phone.

"What's up?" she asked sitting next to me.

"Dan and Phil had to leave this morning," I informed her.

"I'm sorry about that," she said giving me a short side hug.

"It's fine. I'm more bummed about the fact that I have absolutely no chance at going back to stay with them."

"What do you mean?"

"A couple days ago we talked to her, but she said I wouldn't be able to go back for the school year."

"So you were just going to leave?" she asked looking shocked.

I smiled sheepishly. "Kind of. I would have told you if she said yes. I just didn't want to have to deal with Joanna anymore, and I really miss them. I didn't talk to my brother for years and now that I do..."

"I understand," she told me.

"The worst thing is whenever they leave it feels like when he left the first time. We keep in contact for a while then we only talk when we can remember to. Last time it had been a while since I had heard from them. I don't want to be forgotten again."

"They would never forget about you especially Dan," she replied as Liz walked up.

"Hey," she smiled. "What were you talking about? Did I hear Dan?"

I laughed awkwardly at her excitement to hear my boyfriends name. "Yeah, we were just talking about how they left this morning."

She looked disappointed. "Oh, I would've loved to meet them."

"I thought you already met Dan," Lila pointed out.

"Well, I did, but only for a few minutes and I was in shock that my favorite YouTuber was in front of me. I wasn't expecting him to be my new friends boyfriend and to see him at all."

I nodded not quite knowing how to respond.

"I mean his videos are so funny and I absolutely love him,. I'm surprised I had such a good reaction," she smiled.

Luckily, the bell rang interrupting her.

"We'll see you later," I said walking with Lila to our classroom.

"Is it just me or do you not like her that much," Lila looked at me questionably. "I mean you basically ran."

"No, it's not that. She's a really nice girl, but it was just awkward, you know? She was basically fantasizing over my boyfriend."