CHAPTER 6

As the door shut I crouched near the door to hear what they were saying. I know it's bad to eavesdrop but .. hey!! I was curious. And I did make that agreement with Nick about knowing all about their missions. So I had a right to know. Even if it meant eavesdropping.

"...was she?" I heard the guy speak.

"Just an acquaintance.. No one you need to worry about."I could hear Nick say.

"It is something to worry about! You know you are not supposed to be familiar with anybody"

"I just met her in the elevator whining princess!! I don't know why are you getting so worked up about it!!"

"For all you know she could be one of Zordo's spies"

"She wasn't. She was just a nice girl living downstairs popsicle head! Get that in your thick skull" Seeing, or rather hearing Nick defend me was kinda sweet. 

"You wanna go knuckle head?"

"Hell ya- "

"NICK! GLENN! If I hear you fighting again you both will be hanging upside down from that pole. You got that?" It was Ellie speaking. Something in her voice told me she wasn't kidding when she said she would hang them upside down . Nick was right. She was scary.

"Good. As much as I would like to reprimand Nick for his stupid behavior -" Geez. Was befriending Nick such a big crime? "there are more important things we have to discuss."

She paused for a moment.

"Nick , it was the second time this month you were attacked."

"I know that. I was the one who was attacked , remember?"  

"None of the other members faced such attacks. Not even me or Glenn. And we are your teammates." Wait! So all those assassins coming after Nick wasn't normal? What had I gotten myself into?? Of all the super secret agent guys there in the world I go and befriend the one who is most dangerous? I had to be the unluckiest person! 

"I told you I have no idea why they were attacking. "

"You must have noticed something, anything?!"

"I told you all that I knew. That guy came in through the door, I pounced on him, we struggled on the floor until she shot him on the leg"

"she?"

"noo.. I mean I .. I shot him on the leg" Nick said awkwardly. Shit, this guy couldn't even complete a sentence without messing it up. Fortunately Ellie did not press on the matter.

"We aren't getting anywhere. That god damn assassin won't open his mouth no matter what we do. We aren't even getting closer to finding Zordo's hideout. We are at a dead end."

There was a pause.

"Do you think they came after the pendant?" Nick whispered. I had to lean in close to the door hear what he was saying.

"I guess that's a logical explanation."Glenn said in his monotone voice.  

"How would they know it was you who had it?"

"I may or may not have worn it out during one of our tracking missions"

"NICK! You dumbass! You are not supposed to-"

Ellie suddenly stopped speaking. Why? Did she discover something? Maybe now will be a good time to back out. I don't think they discovered me, I was as quite as a mouse, but better be safe than sorry.   I just crouched on the floor and started sneaking back-

I was late. Ellie stood in front of me pointing her gun at my head. How did she know I was there? These agents really knew their job. Pointing her gun at me Ellie had the most stoic expression on her face. I couldn't believe it was that same beautiful girl I had seen minutes ago. Nick was right. Ellie was damn scary.

 Turning back I saw Glenn point his gun at my back. I was a goner. 

Curiosity killed the cat they say... Well, this time, curiosity was going to get me killed. Literally.

� ���� �� �� �� � � �� �

A/N:  And this chapter is up!! This and the previous chapter were supposed to be one big chapter but I though I would divide it into two. So here it is..

Hope u liked the chapter. Thank you all the people who read/voted/reviewed. 700+ reads!!!! wow!! u guys are awesome.

Anyways , if u liked the story pls consider leaving a vote, even if you didn't do comment! Constructive criticism is always appreciated.