Chapter 4

Kylie's POV

Today was Saturday and I obviously didn't have school today so I was sitting on Steven's lap in a director's chair as I watched excitedly as Ian and Nina acted in front of me.

"And... Action!" Someone yelled and I heard a clap.

Ian was good, though I still didn't know what the show's about since I'm "too young to know" as everyone put it but it looks like this scene was age appropriate.

We were in a large room and there were a lot of extras since it was a party scene. All I knew is that Paul and Ian were brothers fighting over Nina in the show but they had powers or something.

"And... That's a wrap!" The director shouts and everyone claps, including me.

"Yay!" I say and grin as Ian came towards me.

"Give me my girl." Ian says and Steven wraps his arms around me as Ian tried to take me.

"No, she's my girlfriend." Steven says not letting me go.

"Well, she's my daughter and don't you have a scene now?" Ian says with smirk and Steven gives me up reluctantly when the director called his name.

As he left he put his pinkie and thumb to his ear and mouthed the words "call me" and I nod as Ian sat down on the chair with me on his lap.

"Hi, Kylie," Nina and Candace walk up to us and I grin as Ian looked at them suspiciously.

"I know that look, you guys want something." Ian says with his smirk and Nina and Candace exchanged a look.

"Yes, we want Kylie for the day." Nina says and smiles at me.

"No." Ian answered immediately and held me closer to him.

"What? C'mon Ian she needs some girl time! She's getting to much testosterone." Candace puts her hands on her hips.

"I don't trust you with my dog you think I'm going to trust you with Kylie?" Ian says and Nina speaks up.

"You trust me. I think the problem is that you can't stand to be second away from her and if I recall you weren't the only one who adopted her." Nina snaps and Ian scowls at her.

"If I recall you didn't want anything to do with her--" Ian starts but I cut him off.

"Ian, please, stop. Don't I get a say?" I ask firmly and his eyes look at me softly.

"Of course." Ian says and motions me to speak.

"I want to go with Nina, it's only for the afternoon and you need to hang out with your guy friends." I say and we look at the men talking and goofing off in a corner.

"What he needs is a drink, he's gone far too long without alcohol." Candace says and Ian puts me down as he got up from the chair.

"Fine, but nothing crazy." Ian says and kisses my forehead.

"She'll be fine! We're going to get mani pedis." Nina says and I don't know what that means. "C'mon, princess."

I take Nina's and Candace's hands as we left. Nina and Candace sure babble a lot in the car like I wasn't even in the car. We got to this beauty salon where I guess all the famous and rich people go because all the people there were grouchy or with their expensive phones.

"We should do our hair first." Nina says and we all agree.

The hair stylist sat me on one of the stools after washing my hair in one of those bins that fascinated me so much. Of course I was too short for the stool so they had to put books on top of the stool.