Part Five

This time when I came back he was awake.
I handed him the bowl I brought for him and started to eat my own. When he was finished I took his bowl and put it with the other empty one.

"I'm starting to think you actually care about me." He smiled.

"No." I replied.

"It sure seems like it." He said.

"Well, you're wrong. I'm only doing what Tobias told me to."

"Tobias didn't tell you to do anything but watch me." He smiled again. I sighed.

"Why are you denying it?" He asked.

"I'm not." I replied.

"I'm fairly certain you are. Why?"

"Because."

"That's not an answer."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not," He smiled, "Please just tell me."

"Because I'm mad at myself." I spat.

"Why?"

"Because you make it so hard to dislike you and hate myself for loving you." I said quickly. He grinned.

"Did you just say you loved me?"

"No." I felt my face getting hot and tried to look away from him.

"It sure sounded like it."

"Well then you should get your ears checked. Ask Tobias to do it next time he comes back."

"You know, that's too bad."

"What?"

"If you would've loved me I might have loved you back." He smiled. I had no response.

Luckily Tobias saved me. He couldn't have chosen a better time to enter the room, or so I thought.

"How are you doing?" Tobias asked.

"Oh, so much better." Roden smirked.

"Really? Is the medicine helping?"

"I guess, but it's Y/n who's really made me feel better." He smirked again.

Tobias raised an eyebrow and I glared at Roden.

"I just found out she loves me," He continued, "Who would've guessed?"

Tobias looked from Roden to me.

"Really?" Tobias asked.

I opened my mouth to argue but Roden cut me off.

"She might try to deny it but I know what I heard. She said she loved me with all her heart and never wants to leave me."

"I never said that." I argued.

"What did you say then?" He asked.

I knew exactly what he was doing. Trying to make me say it again so that he had definite proof.

"Definitely not that."

"What then?"

"Forget it, it doesn't matter."

"If you don't correct me I'll continue to believe what I said before."

"Why are you so difficult?"

"I doesn't matter. You love me anyway." He grinned.

"I said I hated myself for loving you." I said, almost yelling. He looked at Tobias.

"There you see. She admitted it." I glared at Roden then I turned and left.