Part Six

I spent about an hour in my room, it was small with hardly any decorations. I had come here as a thief and the servants had removed anything I could possibly steal. I wasn't a thief anymore but no one had returned any decorations.

Eventually I got bored and started to wander the halls. I found myself back at Tobias' room. Why I came back, I had no idea. I guess a small part of me wanted to see Roden again, even if he made me really angry.

I slowly opened the door. Tobias was sitting in the chair I had sat in earlier. He was reading a book but when he heard me come in he looked up.

"You're back." He said, sounding rather surprised. I shrugged.

"Would you mind watching him again?" He asked.

I shrugged again. He took that as a yes and put his book away. Roden was asleep so I sat in the chair and watched Tobias leave. At least, I thought Roden was asleep. I brushed his hair off of his face. His eyes were closed but slowly his mouth formed into a grin and he laughed quietly.

"Shut up." I said, gently slapping his cheek with the back of my hand.

"I knew it." He whispered, his eyes still closed.
"I knew you'd come back. You are in love with me." He slowly opened his eyes and smiled.

I simply stared back at him.

"It's okay. I love you too." He admitted.

I continued to stare. He reached up and brushed the hair out of my face. Then he stayed there with his hand resting on my cheek. We stayed like that for a while until none other than Tobias ruined the moment.

He came in with another bandage and Roden quickly pulled his hand away. Tobias either hadn't seen or was pretending he hadn't noticed because he said nothing as he removed the bandage from Roden's arm. He took out more alcohol to put on the cut and Roden flinched. He instantly reached for my hand and continued to hold it even after Tobias had the bandage fully on. This time Tobias noticed Roden was holding my hand but he didn't mention it.

"By tomorrow your arm should be well enough for you to leave." He said.

Roden thanked him but didn't let go of my hand. Tobias noticed, smiled and then left the room.

"You know, I'm kind of hungry." Roden grinned. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll go get you some food then." I smiled.

I came back with some bread since I figured he'd already had enough soup today.

"Did you make this?" He asked.
"No."

"Good. I don't think you'd make a very good kitchen servant." He smiled. I laughed.

"I'm sorry. For a second there it almost seemed as if you were being kind to me. Almost like you actually cared." I grinned. He laughed.

"Oh no. I'd never care for you." He joked.

"Good, I'd never care for you either." I laughed.

He smiled back. Then he sat up, leaned over towards me and kissed my cheek. I smiled even more.

"Please don't hate yourself for loving me. I don't want you to always be angry at yourself. I want you to be happy." He whispered.

"I am happy," I promised, "And if I'm angry with anyone it would be you." He laughed and kissed my cheek again.

"How's your arm feeling?" I asked, suddenly remembering that he was hurt.

"It's fine. Getting better now." He smiled.

"Good."

"Soon I'll be well enough to fight even you." He smirked.

"Is that a challenge?" I laughed.

"Certainly," He laughed, "I still can't believe I was beat by a kitchen servant." I lightly punched his good arm. He flinched and I laughed.

"I hope you can do better than that." He said.

"Remember last time?" I asked.

"Unfortunately." He grinned. I laughed again.

Tobias came in a few minutes later, thanked me and told me I could go to my room. I nodded. As I left I turned and smiled at Roden. He smiled back then turned to talk to Tobias.

I thought about all that had just happened on the way back to my room. I decided that I would go see Roden again tomorrow. By then his arm should be a little better but not enough for our rematch. He would need all the strength he could get to even try to win.